No announcement yet.

83 GS750E rebuild thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok well here are some pics of her. and a question. what would cause my r/r to start to melt and smoke? i replaced it with the one from the 850 and it runs like a champ again.

Comment

anyone have any ideas? or comments on the paint? also i kinda wanna get rid of the dash or gauge cluster. any suggestions on what to do for a speedo?

Comment

I've got a good speedo. It's an 85 MPH one though.
        Did you ground the R/R to the battery and frame?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

yeah, its grownded to battery and frame. its weird. it was running beautifully then poof. i still have a slight stumble down low. like 3500 and lower

Comment

got a bit more work done tonight. first time ive ever changed a tire on a rim. real fun. especially without tire irons. rebuilt the front brakes too. took the gauge/dash thinger off, just have an 80 mph speedo pn her for now. i guess ill be looking for some small speedo or something. contemplating moving my katana clipons below the top tripple clamp. dont know for sure yet thow.

Comment

well got the bike up and going, actually have done a lot to it. but i believe i am selling her. i dont really want to but i just got a 98 gsxr 750 for a killer price. fuel injection is so nice haha. but i dont think i will be able to continue with this bike. someones comming to look at her tomorrow. oh well. it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Working...
              X