1980 gs450 carb airscrew location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exbellicus View Post
    Nate. What are the chances you could send your 450 pictures where everything goes my way? My e-mail is in my profile. I thought I would remember.....apparently not!

I still havent got my air screw out. There was never a plate over mine, dang thing just won't come out!
    sure, i'll send along what i've got so far. the carbs aren't completely torn down, but are close... hopefully you can pick apart the pictures enough to figure it out.

-Nate

Comment

Guys we are talking about the brass cover or silver cover with a hole in it. Not the small brass ball that blocks up a manufacturing drilling in the carb.

Drill a small hole in the brass/silver plate large enough for a self tapper or wood screw to thread into, this grips the small plate and then pull on the screw with pliers, etc. to pull the plate off. The mixture screw is under this. Do not drill too deep or you will drill into the head of the mixture screw.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
        Guys we are talking about the brass cover or silver cover with a hole in it. Not the small brass ball that blocks up a manufacturing drilling in the carb.

Drill a small hole in the brass/silver plate large enough for a self tapper or wood screw to thread into, this grips the small plate and then pull on the screw with pliers, etc. to pull the plate off. The mixture screw is under this. Do not drill too deep or you will drill into the head of the mixture screw.

Thank you Don,

hopefully this thread will help other misguided 450 owners in the future as well

-Nate

Comment

who would put a plate over this? dumb....

Comment

Originally posted by 504-Ranger View Post
            who would put a plate over this? dumb....
            EPA mandate.. so us uneducated folk wouldn't mess with it... and end up with bikes that run better and with more power... etc etc

-Nate

Comment

If you guys get your air screws out I want to know your secret! I tried prying, using a magnet (had no effect on the brass....duh), pulling w/ tweezers. I may just have to buy new screws and drill these old ones out. DUMB.

Comment

Working...
              X