Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year and model front sprocket for 530 converssion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year and model front sprocket for 530 converssion?

I recently bought a 530 supersprox stealth 48 tooth sprocket, 530 chain and 6mm spacer,but still need the front sprocket. Planning on using a 17 tooth, but I'm wondering ; what year and model to order?Is it any year Bandit?First gen GSXR? I wrote the info down and lost it. Riding season is here and I wanna get this done. Bike is an 82 750 Katana.Thanx Pete.

Originally posted by mawg View Post
    I recently bought a 530 supersprox stealth 48 tooth sprocket, 530 chain and 6mm spacer,but still need the front sprocket. Planning on using a 17 tooth, but I'm wondering ; what year and model to order?Is it any year Bandit?First gen GSXR? I wrote the info down and lost it. Riding season is here and I wanna get this done. Bike is an 82 750 Katana.Thanx Pete.
    Can't you order it from Z1?

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, I can, but I was hoping to get one locally,if I new what to ask for. That way I would'nt have to wait for shipping,though it wood probably cost more.That way I could be riding Monday.It's going to snow AGAIN mid week here and I'd like to get at least one day in before it does. But thanks for the suggestion Theo, if it does' work out here I'll phone Z-1ent or JT sprockets Mon.Meanwhile, lots of other maintance to do,and I guess if I can' ride I might as well wrench!P

Comment

'96-'97 GSXR750 will work. http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...el_uid=5494&p= Any of the sprockets on the JT website that use size 50 chain will work. Just check this page for models that use that size. http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&L=0

Comment

Oil cooled gsxr 750 fit, bandit too, 530 gsxr 1100 conversion too.
          on my gs i'm running a 1/2'' offset 17t 530 sprocket
          originally made for a KZ.
          Usually the gsxr sprocket are smaller 16t and less.
          I may have a 15t new here.
          Suzuki xn85 turbo come with 16 or 17 t 530 stock.
          sunstar number 51117 is 530 gs splines 17 t no offset

Marc
          AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
          1978 GS1000C X2
          1978 GS1000E X2
          1979 GS1000S
          1979 gs1000
          1983 gs400e

Comment

If you want to buy it locally, just go to the dealer and ask for part number:105561 in the Parts canada catalog.
            This is the Sunstar sprocket 51117.
            marc
            AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
            1978 GS1000C X2
            1978 GS1000E X2
            1979 GS1000S
            1979 gs1000
            1983 gs400e

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Wow even a part#, I'm stoked!Thank you to Billy Ricks for the URL and to kochic for the parts canada #.Overjoyed is perhaps too strong of a word, but I'm sure glad to be part of a community or sub-culture of people who just want to help each other keep our old crocks-or should I say,finely crafted classics- running.P

Comment

I've found parts ordered through the Motovan catalog to be cheaper than Parts Canada. Almost any dealer should have both. Having said that, I ordered from Z1 & the parts were at my door here in Ontario in 3 days.

Paul
                80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

When doing the conversion, how much if any offest will you need to start with on the front sprocket on a GS1000 motor going from a 630 to 530?

Comment

zx11 D is the same 530 spline for GS 1000 1100 and kz 900 1000 not "J model"

spacing the offset is easy.
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                      zx11 D is the same 530 spline for GS 1000 1100 and kz 900 1000 not "J model"

spacing the offset is easy.
                      I was going to bring up the Kaws having the same spline dimensions but left it alone. The nuts have the same threads as well.

Comment

The JT Sprocket parts are

Front JTF513.## (## is the number of teeth)

Rear JTR816.##

Dennis Kirk has a nice fitmet guide..

for the 513 front it's huge.. Check the fitment tab..

The easy one to find and remember will be the 200-2006 GSXR-1000

For the rear

1997-2005 GSF1200 Bandit rear sprocket will fit our bikes..

Interesting note..
                        1994-1997 RF900R front and rear sprockets will fit.

Good to know if you are piecing together a 520 conversion..

I ordered my 530 chain and sprockets from Z1.. The price is good and I don't know where else to find the 6mm spacer for the front sprocket..
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

if you measure the KZ 900 and 1000 countershaft spacer compared to the 1000/1100 suzuki unit -- the Kawasaki is 6mm (1/4") longer~ approximately

but just the same it is longer and fits into the seal
                          or find a big 'ol washer - make on on the lathe?
                          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

thats what i'm finding that I need about another 1/4"/of gap to fill. . . .

Comment

Well, it's done, it works good with a noticeable improvement in performance, seems to spin up faster. bolted straight up, 6mm spacer on top of sunstar 18 tooth front for a 97 bandit 1200, supersprox 813 48 tooth rear,EK 530 chain. I'm happy with the results. If you gotta do the chain and sprockets anyhow.... Thanks to all. pete

Comment

Working...
                              X