wiring problems some answers GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring problems some answers GS1000G

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone was familiar with the wiring on a 81 GS1000G. this was in relation to a question about an inline fuse that joins an orange wire to an orange wire with a red tracer. a previous owner jumped the wires with an inline fuse.

on the schematic i have it doesn't list a orange wire with a red stripe but it does list a red wire with an orange stripe. It must be a misprint in the book.

The weird thing is the wire connects two wires ahead of another fuse that does exactly the same thing. and the wire itself powers the turn signal switch when the ign, is turned on. after i t goes through either one of the fused wires. . mostly it looks like a place for corrosion to take place. the only other thing that i wonder about is the fuse clip on the fuse box. it has melted the surrounding plastic some but not broken and the corner of the fuse box which would be the hot side and is fed by a red wire and the solid orange wire. it is melted slightly round the lowest fuse clip on the positive side and is actually fed by the hot orange wire. Looks like too much draw on the turns signal system somewhere. It could be the way the fairing was wired on. I will have to check that next week. after i get the valve cover back on when i get the last valve shim i need.

Roy
Working...
X