Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody recognize this voltage regulator/recifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the stock turn signal auto-cancel. The speedo unit, auto-off black box and the flasher.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

to answer the original question. its from a harley. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1 just like the one on my 78 glide or my xl. they even have those dots...

Comment

Yep, that's it. Interesting. I got all those connections on that side of the bike either replaced or cleaned up...mostly replaced. I then put the battery in to crank it over and make sure there would be no more smoking or melting of wires. It did just fine. In fact, the silly thing almost started without the gas tank on. I got all excited and put the tank on and tried again. Almost, but just not quite. So, I guess I'll get to the carb cleaning next.

And, yes, a valve adjustment is planned as well.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

If all else fails, get one from duaneage on this website under Services. A lot of people (including me) have gotten one from duaneage, and it will be one constant you can discuss when measuring everything else in the electrical system as you have questions on this website. However, the aluminum content on yours is pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
          X