gsxr rear wheel help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr rear wheel help

ok i have a 82 gs1100ez and i am chop/bobbing it well i went with the bandit rear swing arm and bought a 2001 gsxr 750 rear wheel to go with it with out thinking. so my question is now i have a 20mm axle shaft and the gsxr wheel has a 28 mm id bearing. i have looked thought the bearing info and cant find any good swaps the closest i found was a 20 x 52 x 15 and the stock one is 28 x 52 x 12. i dont think i can use the extra 3mm of width. so should i just make a axle shaft spacer or is that a no go? any info would be appreciated.

Originally posted by saltcitytattoo View Post
    ok i have a 82 gs1100ez and i am chop/bobbing it well i went with the bandit rear swing arm and bought a 2001 gsxr 750 rear wheel to go with it with out thinking. so my question is now i have a 20mm axle shaft and the gsxr wheel has a 28 mm id bearing. i have looked thought the bearing info and cant find any good swaps the closest i found was a 20 x 52 x 15 and the stock one is 28 x 52 x 12. i dont think i can use the extra 3mm of width. so should i just make a axle shaft spacer or is that a no go? any info would be appreciated.
    You don't have enough material to cut in the wheel hub to pick up 3mm on each side?

Comment

Working...
    X