No announcement yet.

Drag Bars on 1985 GS1150E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's called a "shift light". It is rpm activated & turns on a light to let you know when you have reached shift rpm. Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray.

Should have know. My brain is a bit fuzzy looking at on board cams, and was hoping it was something for this..

RaceWorks.com Onboard camera with 3x MIROCK & Semdra Outlaw Pro Street Motorcycle champion Tony Girardi 7.25 @ 195 MPH. nitrous no bar drag bike. see more at...

Comment

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post
        Thanks Ray.

Should have know. My brain is a bit fuzzy looking at on board cams, and was hoping it was something for this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBiQrqeivsw
        God, how I love those no bar outlaws....sick! I ain't got nuttin for that tejasmud, oh but I wish I did. Thanks for the prop's though.

Comment

If it were my bikeand i was going to keep it stockish , I'd put on a set of 1150 ES risers.

Comment

gs1197, i like those a lot! any way u could get a pic standing a little further away so i can get a full view of the bars? a side and front shot would be awesome too.

Hitman, why didn't you use the clip-ons from the gsxr1100? wrong size for the 1150 sets? just curious. i like your gauge setup too. got a side shot of your bike?

Thanks for the pics guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 02BLknBLU View Post
              gs1197, i like those a lot! any way u could get a pic standing a little further away so i can get a full view of the bars? a side and front shot would be awesome too.

Hitman, why didn't you use the clip-ons from the gsxr1100? wrong size for the 1150 sets? just curious. i like your gauge setup too. got a side shot of your bike?

Thanks for the pics guys.
              I didn't want to go with clip ons because a drag bar style for an 1150 captures the bike's look better. If it was an 82 or 83 Katana though, then the clip ons would look right "at home." Katana=sportbike vs. GS1150=sport-touring. Just my opinion, everyone has their tastes in what looks good.

Comment

Per request:

Thieves.....kill them all.

Comment

What's up Hitman?

I would like to own a set of handle bars like that. Do you make those for other people also? I have the same front end as you. Please let me know.

Peace! Supavert

Comment

Originally posted by Supavert View Post
                    What's up Hitman?

I would like to own a set of handle bars like that. Do you make those for other people also? I have the same front end as you. Please let me know.

Peace! Supavert
                    I just made them for that bike, sorry.

Comment

If you pull off the plastic over of the top of the triple you'll see where the stock bar risers have a bolt to keep them from rotating. You can bolt a set of handlebar clamps to that bolt hole and use a set of tubular drag bars.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                        GS750 top clamp is not wide enough....
                        there are a couple different ways to add tube bars to your 1150.
                        one way is to get a pair of risers from a 7/8" handlebar bike/dirt bike ect.
                        bolt these to your factory top clamp.
                        its not hard.
                        think about what i just told you and you will go...
                        hmmmmm..
                        i get it
                        hahahhaha.
                        is this was to simple?

Comment

Same idea as others are talking about, but on a katana tripple clamp:

Risers are a random set from a parts bin at a junkyard. There must be hundreds of models of dirtbikes and cruisers out there that use similar.

Comment

Working...
                          X