'82 Gs 450T LED Turn Signal Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 Gs 450T LED Turn Signal Solution

I recently installed LED turn signals on my '82 GS 450T cafe project. However with the factory flasher relay the diodes would not blink, they would stay constantly lit. After scouring the internet I found Electrosport. Electrosport's website states "This 2 Pin LED turn signal relay is a direct replacement to OEM 2 pin turn signal relays only. This electronic flasher relay will allow you to use LED blinkers and they will always flash at a steady speed." The price was $12.95 + shipping = $23.35. After replacing the factory relay the diodes would again, only stay constantly lit. I contacted Kyle at Electrosport, to my surprise he returned my email quickly. He suggested to switch the wires due to the fact that the relay terminals were not labeled + or -. However i could not remove the wires from the factory connector without destroying it and the "L" shape of the connector would not allow me to make connect the relay. I then made two jumper wires a few inches long to crossover the wires to the terminal relays. This fixed the problem, the LED diodes now flash at a constant, even, bright flash. In my opinion this product was well worth the price.
Working...
X