where can I get these carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I get these carbs

I'm looking for the smoothbore carbs, that will fit on my 82 katana. From what I understand they are 32mm or 33mm smoothbore carbs. Can anyone let me know where I can get these.

They are 33mm & you can find them on Ebay if you look long enough. You could also use the Mikuni RS 36 flat slides. Ray.

Comment

Carbs in the pic are VM29s. Smoothbores.

Comment

29's sre in the pic. plus are too small . go for the VM 33's but maybe a set of flat radial slide 34 would be the cool thing to do.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Good call, I didn't look close enough. You don't want those for a 1000 or 1100 Kat as they would be too small. The 33s or 36s will be a much better choice. Ray.

Comment

If you're not tied into a retro build, I'd favor the RS flatslide Mikunis. For an internally-stock motor 34s would be the choice, if motor work has been done or will be done then I'd look for 36s unless you're going to build a monster motor.

Comment

Thanks; I did know that they are 29mm but I just could not find a picture of the 33mm smoothbores. But sound like the ones I'm after are hard to find. I"m really want the old 33mm smoothbores because I want to build a period correct tuned gs1100. What bikes did they come on, I know the kz900, z1, and kz1000 use the 29mm smoothbores, but what other bikes other than the GS bikes use the 33mm smoothbores; I would like to buy some but don't know where to find them. thanks for the help

Comment

Cheap...ships world wide...i do not know what spacing you need but they can adjusted.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Or you could go for a set of Keihin CR smoothbores. A bit more on the pricey side but great performance and awesome looks.

Comment

The carb on ebay is close to what I'm after but its not period correct, I think that is a mid 80s version of the smooth bores. I'm looking for the late 70s, early 80s version of the smoothbores. Here is a picture of the carb on someones katana back in the day. They look just like the 29mm smoothbores.

Comment

If they are 33's, that's the only version I know about. If your looking for the Yoshimura superbike look alike carbs, then your looking for Keihn CRs. The only other racked smoothbores with round slides are 29s. Early KZ's here in the US used non smoothbore 28s and later 26's. I don't know of any factory bikes that had smoothies stock.
                      I was a Kawasaki support racer back in the early and mid 70's and all the box-stock racers were required to have 28s through 1975, then for one year (1976) could run 26's or 28's. AMA required 26's on 1977 and 78 models except the Z1R that run 28's.
                      I'd check with Sudco International to determine which carbs you are looking for.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X