what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
    I put in a new clutch for my CB750 K3 today. Parts off eBay - EBC Heavy Duty Clutch Kit CK1133 for $47 and Barnett 501-56-04015 Clutch Spring Kit for $17. I had to make a tool with my cutoff grinder from a 7/8 socket. It rides well for what it is. The Suzuki GS1100 is like a hand grenade going off, the Honda is a nice, if bouncy, nostalgia machine.

Your K3 looks Good Tom

Comment

I, being a total rookie when it comes to VVT stuff, inadvertently ruined the Atlas inline 6 in my 07 Trailblazer over a year ago. I overlooked a 20 dollar problem and starved the crank for oil. It would not have happened if I had done a little research. It's a long story, and the bottom line is that at my age I had no oomph to swap that thing out. I wanted somebody else to do it. I finally found a suitable low mile engine from a wreck, drove 216 miles to get it. Made a good deal with a shade tree self employed fellow to work on it whenever he found time and felt like it. Today we cranked it up. It never took 2 rotations to start up and ran like brand new, quiet, smooth, not a tick in the engine. Calling me happy is a huge understatement as I really love my Trailblazer and that inline 6 in particular. And this has GS content as there was some horse trading involved for his labor that included a GS850 he's borrowed a couple times and really wanted.

Comment

So, the free, rusty, complete exhaust with intact baffles cleaned up better than I had ever dreamed. I did buy new OEM screws and washers for the shields and new connector inserts (I have no idea what those are made of). Never dreamed my bike could sound this good and smooth and much quieter. So long drilled baffles.

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Very cool, Rich.......I love it when a plan comes together....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OMG, Rich!

I remember how much you wrote about the POs actions with drilling holes in the exhaust ends...

Glad you got that resolved...the bike sounds great!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks Bob and Ed. I’m really happy with it. Now I won’t wake the neighbors when I start the bike up in the morning. And it just looks so much better.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I replaced the upper and lower rocker box seals on the rear cylinder of the Sportster on Sunday. Pretty straightforward job.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Started stripped down one front wheel yesterday, back knackered with the bead breaker, so put off finishing it till today.
                  Continue to strip it, tyre off, clean up the rim, new valve stem, all hunky-dory, and measure the disc that's a bit scory. Hmm... 4.35mm, not good.
                  Ah, sod it, pick up another front wheel with two almost unused discs, break the beads, strip the tyre off, knacker back again.
                  Enough for today.
                  <makes note to get disc>
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                    Started stripped down one front wheel yesterday, back knackered with the bead breaker, so put off finishing it till today.
                    Continue to strip it, tyre off, clean up the rim, new valve stem, all hunky-dory, and measure the disc that's a bit scory. Hmm... 4.35mm, not good.
                    Ah, sod it, pick up another front wheel with two almost unused discs, break the beads, strip the tyre off, knacker back again.
                    Enough for today.
                    <makes note to get disc>
                    Who's best for tyres these days? Need a new front.
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I've got my last few from tyreleader.ie - and if you're shoeing a horse, you can pay in four lots.
                      ---- Dave
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

I think I pretty much finished mine up for now. Adjusted the rear brake, resealed the half moons, put a coat of wax on the new paint. Just waiting for my collector license plate and I'll insure it and ride it further than around the block.
                        Attached Files
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Ta muchly
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                            I think I pretty much finished mine up for now. Adjusted the rear brake, resealed the half moons, put a coat of wax on the new paint. Just waiting for my collector license plate and I'll insure it and ride it further than around the block.
                            Beautiful bike. Thanks for sharing.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Finally got the new front Roadrider II onto the better wheel with the nearly-new discs. For some odd reason, the PO had chucked out the speedo dog cover, but luckily I'd stocked up with a couple of them last year, as I already had one missing.
                              Only minor problem was the Avon's reluctance to seat evenly, but soon sorted.
                              Back called time, so I'll balance the wheel tomorrow.
                              ---- Dave

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                                Beautiful bike. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. It's not perfect but it's pretty good and I like to ride them so it will get a bit dirty once in awhile.
                                1986 1150EF
                                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Working...
                                X