• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least I have help today....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey Bill,

Since you don't care for 4-1's, thought I'd still mention I have a Yosh duplex header, with the little can exchangers on the pipe from a 1990 GSXR 1100.

I paid $225 shipped, black header/surface rust/slight dents in collector, better than fair condition, thought it might work on the 1150, seems to actually clear the oil

pan, but would have required some tweaking, at the exhaust manifold spigots & maybe the collector. I'm not capable of carrying out these tweaks, but might be

clean n easy on an oil cooled Kat.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
        Hey Bill,

Since you don't care for 4-1's, thought I'd still mention I have a Yosh duplex header, with the little can exchangers on the pipe from a 1990 GSXR 1100.

I paid $225 shipped, black header/surface rust/slight dents in collector, better than fair condition, thought it might work on the 1150, seems to actually clear the oil

pan, but would have required some tweaking, at the exhaust manifold spigots & maybe the collector. I'm not capable of carrying out these tweaks, but might be

Thanks, but when I made the conversion from 750 to 1100 I bought a 4>1 header but the lower front cross brace obstructed the header pipes from reaching the head by more than an inch.
        Yeah I was disappointed.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
          Hey Bill,

Thanks, but when I made the conversion from 750 to 1100 I bought a 4>1 header but the lower front cross brace obstructed the header pipes from reaching the head by more than an inch.
          Yeah I was disappointed, but that's the trial and error of modifying a vehicle. With a bigger budget I would have bought a few systems and tried them all.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Changed the plugs on the GS...LOL....

Comment

Looks like a couple of hours on the buffer's wire wheel and re-check the gap and those plugs still have some miles left on them.

Bring them to Brown County and soak them for a while in some of Neil's magic elixir and they will be good as new.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                Looks like a couple of hours on the buffer's wire wheel and re-check the gap and those plugs still have some miles left on them.

Bring them to Brown County and soak them for a while in some of Neil's magic elixir and they will be good as new.
                Sure, they'll buff right out...LOL...
                Gaps were still good, it ran fine, just got tired of looking at them. Fixed for $12....

Comment

It goes bad so quickly

I went out for a good shakedown ride of about 100 miles
                  When I returned I noticed the rear rotor was pretty warm (I routinely touch the rotors to check temps)
                  It was HOT = not melt your plastic hot - but too hot to hold on to -

BRAKE DRAG ! Unreal I thought to my self - It was only last year I changed the fluids --

After checking my records -- it was September of 2019 ...

So I grabbed my Mity-Vac and a fresh can of Brake Fluid and sucked it through - all nice and clean now --
                  After a 25 mile ride which was shortened by impending rain the rear rotor was now fine -
                  PS: I did the fronts as well because I had the stuff out and ready to use

Here are some pictures of the REMOVED fluid --
                  1 riding season old -

Currently in the Stable :
                  2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                  1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                  - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Original brake lines? I wonder if the fluid is being contaminated by disintegrating lines?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Original brake lines? I wonder if the fluid is being contaminated by disintegrating lines?
                      Nope --
                      I put on new stainless steel lines at the time of the last change --
                      I guess it's just something I need to stay on top of - maintenance wise ---
                      Currently in the Stable :
                      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Did pads and rotors....on the Ford...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Did pads and rotors....on the Ford...

Have you lost your keys?
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                            Have you lost your keys?
                            ??
                            I must be missing something, but I don't think it's keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              ??
                              I must be missing something, but I don't think it's keys.
                              I thought it was a set of keys too. Maybe a leaf under the car.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I put in a new clutch for my CB750 K3 today. Parts off eBay - EBC Heavy Duty Clutch Kit CK1133 for $47 and Barnett 501-56-04015 Clutch Spring Kit for $17. I had to make a tool with my cutoff grinder from a 7/8 socket. It rides well for what it is. The Suzuki GS1100 is like a hand grenade going off, the Honda is a nice, if bouncy, nostalgia machine.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                                '79 GS100E
                                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Working...
                                X