Page 772 of 780 FirstFirst ... 272672722762770771772773774 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 7795

Thread: what did you wrench on today??

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

At least I have help today....

Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Hey Bill,

Since you don't care for 4-1's, thought I'd still mention I have a Yosh duplex header, with the little can exchangers on the pipe from a 1990 GSXR 1100.

I paid $225 shipped, black header/surface rust/slight dents in collector, better than fair condition, thought it might work on the 1150, seems to actually clear the oil

pan, but would have required some tweaking, at the exhaust manifold spigots & maybe the collector. I'm not capable of carrying out these tweaks, but might be

clean n easy on an oil cooled Kat.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Turk View Post
    Hey Bill,

Since you don't care for 4-1's, thought I'd still mention I have a Yosh duplex header, with the little can exchangers on the pipe from a 1990 GSXR 1100.

I paid $225 shipped, black header/surface rust/slight dents in collector, better than fair condition, thought it might work on the 1150, seems to actually clear the oil

pan, but would have required some tweaking, at the exhaust manifold spigots & maybe the collector. I'm not capable of carrying out these tweaks, but might be

Thanks, but when I made the conversion from 750 to 1100 I bought a 4>1 header but the lower front cross brace obstructed the header pipes from reaching the head by more than an inch.
    Yeah I was disappointed.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Turk View Post
    Hey Bill,

Thanks, but when I made the conversion from 750 to 1100 I bought a 4>1 header but the lower front cross brace obstructed the header pipes from reaching the head by more than an inch.
    Yeah I was disappointed, but that's the trial and error of modifying a vehicle. With a bigger budget I would have bought a few systems and tried them all.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Super Site Supporter

Changed the plugs on the GS...LOL....

Bob T.

"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

Looks like a couple of hours on the buffer's wire wheel and re-check the gap and those plugs still have some miles left on them.

Bring them to Brown County and soak them for a while in some of Neil's magic elixir and they will be good as new.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by alke46 View Post
    Looks like a couple of hours on the buffer's wire wheel and re-check the gap and those plugs still have some miles left on them.

Bring them to Brown County and soak them for a while in some of Neil's magic elixir and they will be good as new.
    Sure, they'll buff right out...LOL...
    Gaps were still good, it ran fine, just got tired of looking at them. Fixed for $12....
    Bob T.

Exclamation It goes bad so quickly

I went out for a good shakedown ride of about 100 miles
    When I returned I noticed the rear rotor was pretty warm (I routinely touch the rotors to check temps)
    It was HOT = not melt your plastic hot - but too hot to hold on to -

BRAKE DRAG ! Unreal I thought to my self - It was only last year I changed the fluids --

After checking my records -- it was September of 2019 ...

So I grabbed my Mity-Vac and a fresh can of Brake Fluid and sucked it through - all nice and clean now --
    After a 25 mile ride which was shortened by impending rain the rear rotor was now fine -
    PS: I did the fronts as well because I had the stuff out and ready to use

Here are some pictures of the REMOVED fluid --
    1 riding season old -

Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Original brake lines? I wonder if the fluid is being contaminated by disintegrating lines?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Quote Originally Posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Original brake lines? I wonder if the fluid is being contaminated by disintegrating lines?
    Nope --
    I put on new stainless steel lines at the time of the last change --
    I guess it's just something I need to stay on top of - maintenance wise ---
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"