No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got bolts removed from exhaust manifold off the 79E, been spraying PB Blaster on the since X-mas. No snaped off bolts should get header on this weekend.
    I going to help a friend get new tires mounted on his Nighthawk should be a good weekend.
    sigpic

1979 GS1000E
    1982 GS1100GL
    2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

just a would it hurt question i think goes along with wrenching?? I was wondering if every spring it would hurt to put some seafoam or something in the gas tank to kinda scrub them out a bit after setting all winter.. I do add a good shot of stabil every fall.. dont think it would hurt anything
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I finished painting my daughter's room today

I had the 1100 inspected yesterday and it needs a new fork seal.
        I have literally no idea what that means or how to go about dealing with it, but I'm willing to learn...
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

the fork seal is a rubber seal that sits in the top of the lower fork tube..It seals the lower fork tube to the upper tube and stops the forkoil from squirting out from between them see any parts fiche and youll see how it works.
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'm waiting on 2 parts, one will come in Monday, the other whenever USPS decides they are tired of carrying it around. So I mapped out a timeline for the GS and went back to the GPz. Wasted a ton of time trying to figure out how to degree the cams. Gave up, started to verify the valve adjustment. They were way off, so I started fitting the cylinder block onto the cases. Not going all that well either, but my goal is to complete that by EOD, so the day won't be a total loss. I think today I was the bug, vs. being the windshield.

Comment

I changed the oil and filter and then I mounted my new/used rear grab bar and the rear luggage rack. To my surprise I found that I could and did mount both of those in the same part of the frame where the rear grab bar goes. I had to go to Ace to get the bolts and a couple of spacers and washers but it mounted very easily to my surprise. Pics forth comming.

Comment

I spent the afternoon fartin' aboot with the carb on the DT250.....rebuilt last week (boiled it in lemon juice and water, cleaner than when it came from the factory), but couldn't get it to fire. Finally discovered some idiot had put the floats in upside down (funny, they looked right when the whole carb was upside down on the bench). No factory setting for the idle speed needle, cranked it further in than I thought was necessary, kicked once, and the darn thing started!!!!

Back-yard mechanics........

Comment

Here is my bike before I mounted the rear grab bar & rear luggage rack.

This is after.

This is a close up using the exsiting mount holes to the frame

Thanks to LarryD for helping me find the rear grab bar
                  And thanks to BWringer for helping me get the rear luggage rack
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM. Reason: Cause Steve told me to LOL

Comment

YEAH BABY!!!! That really sets the back end off nicely..I like!!!

Comment

I didnt wrench on anything, but I did pull the riding lawnmower out of a two ton pile of mulch that wifey thought she would level with that little mower. LOL She buried it level with the tops of the wheels halfway up the hill and it took a truck and chain to get it down and out. Does that count? I quietly explained that, yes, I know its a mulching mower, but its not up to the task of spreading a pile like that. eheheh

Earl
                      Last edited by earlfor; 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                        I didnt wrench on anything, but I did pull the riding lawnmower out of a two ton pile of mulch that wifey thought she would level with that little mower. LOL She buried it level with the tops of the wheels halfway up the hill and it took a truck and chain to get it down and out. Does that count? I quietly explained that, yes, I know its a mulching mower, but its not up to the task of spreading a pile like that. eheheh

Earl
                        My wife used to get after me for overworking the 18hp lawn tractor. She got herself a hydrostatic tranny 38" cut 16 hp Lawn king and thinks it's a brush hog. I'm always pulling her out of spots and repairing things she's broken. I've got to weld up the mower deck again this year before she starts in again. She seriously overheated it so it fogs the yard and keeps mosquitos away while she's mowing too. Have fill the oil and check the gas on it. It's a Kohler at least, so I put new rings in it and expect it work again, not like these new Briggs & Stratton junk engines.

Comment

i wrenched on a 20 ton compressor. has 8 cylinders and a total displacement of around 6000cc and holds around 60 pounds of refrigerant!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            YEAH BABY!!!! That really sets the back end off nicely..I like!!!
                            Thanks Chuck, I thought so as well.
                            After I did it I spent about an hour looking at it, my wife asked me why I kept looking at it. I said just look at the back end and how well balanced it flows.

Comment

I use mine on my bikes to bungie my jacket..Its cold in the AM so i take a jacket. By afternoon and its 70 or so i just bungie the jacket to the rack.. Very asthetically pleasing as well as functional.

Comment

Installed my new oil cooler. Thanks to Posplayr
                                Took a "short" ride in rush hour traffic to the bike shop to get packing for my pipe. The oil guage didnt even hit 100C in bumper to bumper traffic
                                Waiting for it to cool down to repack it

Comment

Working...
                                X