No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK here's a better picture I did some research on limiteds the side panels have been cut so to look similar to the lmts the heal guards are not the same,the cutouts are different shapes and they appear to be thinner.almost homemade looking up close.
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Right side
      1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Left side
        1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Ok those heal guards look pretty crude. Faux limited for sure

Comment

Fixed my fuel tap... had the tank off last weekend to fix a small dent in it (long story, not happy Jan!)... when I was setting it up to spray with the touch up gun I managed to let it slide off the side of the esky I was sitting it on before I had it masked up and set up properly. It didn't cause any more dents or scratch the paint so I thought I dodged a bullet until I tried to switch to reserve on Friday morning... figured it fell on the fuel tap and broke it.

Anyway, turns out all it had done is force the tapered plastic bit inside to wedge itself firmly in place, so a bit of extra force with a very large flat blade screwdriver dislodged it and all is now back to normal...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

So here it is all back together and running. The one that started the street legal racebike craze. Although it runs good this one needs a total restoration and return to stock plastics and paint IMO.
              1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

About 2 weeks ago I replaced the o-rings in my hangers and installed a new Suzuki fuel cock to fix the high idle problem, it is better slightly. Frustrated I decided I need to just tear it down and restore the bike like I originally planned instead of peacemaking it. Just ordered new hangers, bowl gaskets, and a carb o- ring kit. Purchased a can of Berryman carb dip. Also done with the spotty jetting.
                My charging system is working until 4 grand where voltage begins to drop. Bought DeOxit and a solder iron. I am reducing wiring length where not needed and using DeOxit on connections I keep.
                i restored and painted the gauges and headlight. Controls are off for painting and a new drag bar and brake light switch are in the mail.
                Watched Roadkill where Freiberger insisted Gunk foaming was the greatest thing. 3 cans and 4 hour later she looks mint. I will post pics as I am still polishing the case with 400 wet.
                Been busy!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  Not sure why you think that.
                  No dry clutch, tailpiece is all wrong, exhaust hanger is wrong, heel guards are not correct shape. Can't tell if the forks are correct or not. It does appear to be wearing the LTD fairing, though.

Mark
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1998 ZX-6R
                  2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
                    No dry clutch, tailpiece is all wrong, exhaust hanger is wrong, heel guards are not correct shape. Can't tell if the forks are correct or not. It does appear to be wearing the LTD fairing, though.

Mark
                    Thanks it is much more obvious with the new pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post

Mark
                      Forks are standard GSXR750 forks. Not the NEAS electronic anti-dive front forks that came on the Limited.

What makes it a Limited fairing?? Except for the DZUS fasteners and fancy paint, I thought the fairings were the same!!
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2014, 02:42 AM. Reason: added something

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        Thanks it is much more obvious with the new pictures.
                        Yeah, they show the details better. I had a LTD as my second streetbike way back in 1987. They were great bikes, I wish I had never sold it.

Originally posted by Wester Cooley View Post
                        What makes it a Limited fairing?? Except for the DZUS fasteners and fancy paint, I thought the fairings were the same!!
                        The number of fasteners and the vent configuration on the sides in the middle panel are different. Look at pics of an 85 750 and the LTD and you will see what I mean.

85-86 750:

86 LTD:

The 87 750 then used the same fairing venting and fastener arrangement as the LTD did the year before, but with regular capscrews instead of the Dzus fasteners:

Mark
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1998 ZX-6R
                        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

The standard GSXR750G/H sold in the U.S. back in 1986/1987 has the same fairing as the '86 GSXR750 Limited Edition sold here. The scoops are the same on the middle and lower fairings on both models. The only difference are the fancy DZUS fasteners, and the paint on the '86/87 model fairings.

The '85 GSXR750F sold everywhere except the U.S that year has a completely different fairing than any '86 or 87 sold here in the States.

The standard GSXR750G/H middle fairing pieces even have the recesses for the rivet heads when you install the wireclips for the Limited DZUS fasteners to mount them to the Limited top fairing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

]2014-08-23 14.49.40.jpg

De-greased!

Comment

Originally posted by Wester Cooley View Post
                              The standard GSXR750G/H sold in the U.S. back in 1986/1987 has the same fairing as the '86 GSXR750 Limited Edition sold here. The scoops are the same on the middle and lower fairings on both models. The only difference are the fancy DZUS fasteners, and the paint on the '86/87 model fairings.
                              Well, look at that. I didn't realize the regular 86 model shared the same fairing as the LTD, I has thought they changed to match in 87.

Mark
                              1982 GS1100E
                              1998 ZX-6R
                              2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Got to have some fun doing the first valve check, had 3 to change, was able to score the shims at local shop but will take advantage of the swap deal you guys got going next time. bike has 55,000 miles on it and was looking good inside so I'm getting more and more satisfaction over the 500.00 I paid for it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X