Page 4 of 780 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you wrench on today??

koolaid_kid Guest

WOOHOO - I mounted the GPz cylinder block this evening. I had it all the way on except for cylinder #2 oil rings, bent the bottom one, and had to pull everything off, replace it, and start all over. Thankfully I had a spare set of rings lying around from a previous screw up.
    But it is done, and during WWE Friday Night Smackdown, no less.

Brian, expect a call...HEHE

p.s. sscott, that looks factory. Really blends in with the lines of the bike. Very nice.

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by sscott View Post
    Thanks Chuck, I thought so as well.
    After I did it I spent about an hour looking at it, my wife asked me why I kept looking at it. I said just look at the back end and how well balanced it flows.

Might have made more points if you had used that line on the wife instead.

Earl
    I support entropy for all.

Nearly all Covid deaths in the U S are unvaccinated people.

GS ace Guest

Default Wrenching

I had the pleasure of working on a lawn mower today. But I did reward myself. 185 miles were put on my RT this afternoon.

where did you go to get the parts??? LMAO
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

DanTheMan Guest

Cool

Wimberly TX must be a long ways from nowhere.........

truckah Guest

today ... i pulled the carbs and changed main jets and reassembled ... all before breakfast yesterday .... i found that after my valve adjustment (one of the adjustment screws had r-u-n-n-o-f-t) and carb sync the old gurl ran great (smooth, quiet, immediate throttle response) up to 3/4 throttle, at which point she quit trying and generally just got all kinds of broke up ... is it possible, now that she's actually running on "all 4" that the improved scavenging and 30 degree ambient temps have required a jet swap? i dunno for sure, but aftah i dress for the weather (knit hat and gloves ) i'm gonna find out if my cure worked.

No wrenching today...gonna take the 78 750 on a cruise and just enjoy the day. Supposed to be raining all day sunday here in Detroit so i will change the leaky stator cover gasket on my 77 750 then..All have a good day .
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

pontiacstogo Guest

Been slowly plugging away at an off-topic bike;

GS ace Guest

Default Off-topic Bike

Looks like a nice '83.

GS ace Guest

Default Parts

Luckily, it was just some collars and washers. I put oversized wheels on it to raise the deck up to keep from mowing all these rocks. Though the town is small and a little removed from the metro, we actually have an Ace Hardware store. It even carries stainless metric fasteners and dark chocolate Reeses! The mower will do its duty today, then I'll take an old Suzook out for some BBQ in Blanco.