New member with new(old) bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barn63 View Post
    OK for whatever reason I can't create a new topic so I will just post on my existing thread.
    Hi,

Check out the new forum sections. They are still in a "transitional" phase but this should explain it:

New Technical Forums Links

As long as you have the engine down that far, just do a complete top end refresh. A partial list would include new rings, valve seals, new base and head gaskets, valve cover and breather gaskets, cam chain tensioner gaskets and seals, new intake boots and O-rings if necessary, check the cam chain for wear and make sure it's in spec, etc. I'll bet if you post over in the new "Engine" section you'll get a better response.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I really appropriate the response. This site is VERY useful and helpful. I will post in the Engine section. Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve314159 View Post
        Brian,

Like Bass Cliff (and I'm wondering if that is musician Bass Cleff or fisherman Bassmaster on a cliff) said, all you really need for now is the o-rings. Just follow the instructions carefully. You don't need to buy rebuild kits. I am amazed at how well my 550 runs with a $15 kit and a bunch of Gumout and cleaning.
        Its a play on Bass Clef, his name is Cliff (Im pretty sure hes NOT the drunken mailman that hung out at CHEERS though) and he plays a mean Bass guitar

Comment

By the mfg date you have a 1980 model

Comment

Working...
          X