Poor performance puzzling me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    In your first post you said the jetting was stock. How did you get to 110 mains?
    When I re-did these carbs for use on the 650 (when I had it) I had purchased K&L kits. After I finally got around to cleaning the 650's own carbs, I left the K&L kit in and kept the stock parts in case I would eventually decide to do a 6/550 project with all the engine bits I have sitting in the garage.

So, basically I dropped the 650's main 110 jet in to see if it got rid of the problem described in the first post. Which it did, but then created a problem above 3/4 throttle, which after some searching pointed to being too rich on the main. So at that point I knew I had to come out somewhere in between. I was about to drop the gun and purchase several sets of sized from nichesupply, but after talking to a local tuner it was suggested to go on the lower side of the middle ground, or 97.5's to be exact.

So, now I have a small supply of jets for myself, but from what I"ve seen, the 92.5's are the smallest anything uses, and usually (as seen in my case) are way to small once modifications take place, so their basically going to be junk jets.

(how is that for a long answer to a short question.)

Amos

Comment

Working...
    X