Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator cover bolt lengths?

cross posted from the electrical section

I rewired my stator, and pulled the forks to replace the seals this weekend. However, my brain is fried now and I can't remember which length bolts go where on the stator cover. There 2 long, 5 medium, and 1 short bolts, the bike is a 1982 GS550L(Z). The service manual I have doesn't say anything, and I was hoping someone had that knowledge to pass down to me. If not, I'll just do some trial and error in the morning before the MotoGP race

Just plug and play,make sure the bolts go all the way into the engine and use the max amount of thread on each bolt,from what i remember the longest bolt is all the way toward the very from of the stator cover.Hope this helps.

Comment

Figured it out : http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/sch...SU0094_007.gif

I have to remember that just because it's not in my service manual, that doesn't mean it's not freely available

Comment

Hi,

In the future, do what I do. Remove them in a clockwise order and stick them in a piece of cardboard, perhaps even with an outline of the cover. Then putting them back in the right spot is easy.

This is my profound glimpse into the obvious for today. I get one a day. That is all.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X