Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I work with "dot heads" and I find that remark offensive. Very odd coming from you, rick.

Comment

I had to Google that and agree. Please remove that post Rick it is beneath you, and I know it doesn't reflect your feelings.
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

I never understood how the term...dot head can actually be offensive, yeah, it's a little derogatory, but no worse than calling an African American a black person, which most don't seem to mind in our society.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          Actually, I work with "dot heads" and I find that remark offensive. Very odd coming from you, rick.
          Anyone who repeats a so called offensive slang even in description, can't find it all that offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            I never understood how the term...dot head can actually be offensive, yeah, it's a little derogatory, but no worse than calling an African American a black person, which most don't seem to mind in our society.
            I think we know Rick well enough to know it was not his intention. But consider how the term was used in the statement in question....Just a slip of the tongue I believe.
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Nope. I have heard others refer to people of Indian descent who practice that particular religion. It is offensive, no matter the context.
              It is similar to using the "N" word casually, it is not politically correct. This will not turn into a pizzing match, that is what OT is for.

Comment

This belongs in off-topic. You used a religious slur and I called you on it. Now let's go to OT and discuss it.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick
                  Still no new tag?
                  Waiting on a new tag right now, when I have it you'll have it.

Comment

Moved to Off Topic.

Comment

wtf?

The sign is obviously of a guy with a dot for a head riding a horse.

I just don't understand how someone could take the written description of the sign as racial or religious bigotry.

Seems like one would really have to be looking for it, to find it in this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                        wtf?

The sign is obviously of a guy with a dot for a head riding a horse.

I just don't understand how someone could take the written description of the sign as racial or religious bigotry.

Seems like one would really have to be looking for it, to find it in this instance.
                        One could just as well substitute the 'N' word & then point out that the sign clearly depicts a black man, as it were.
                        I'm guessing it was probably a bad pun.
                        Carry on!
                        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Eric sent these as the next tags, I would have posted sooner but I had to drive my daughter to the airport in Saskatoon.

An old gas pump, in this case a working one, or

Or this style of forklift, meant for bales of hay.
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

ya killin me, no pics, here, let me help.....

Comment

Lol, you think you were dying, I just learned 10 ways to NOT post photobucket pictures to GSR with an iPhone.

Comment

Just love to bust bolas, since bcaap had a hard time posting ghost photos earlier as well, maybe you guys need...

Comment

Working...
                                X