This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding Game

This was from Vancouver Island riders who got it from someone else it's a cool game.. Someone starts the game by posting a picture with the bike posed somewhere specific....the first to post a CLEAR picture ( we just want the bike but it's ok if you're in there too just don't block the bike) gets to choose the next now some allowances have to be made for the size of our group and diversity of locations so say if you choose the next location as in front of city hall it can be any city hall...be creative and let's have some fun...since mine isn't running yet it's in the driveway!!That's where we all start a ride eh...What I'd like to choose as a start is a bike posed in front of a statue or in our case Victoria has this big bear downtown anything along those lines. Use your imagination but keep it generic so everyone can give it a whirl...Give you an extra reason to go ride...!!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM.

I'm actually participating in a game like that on www.advrider.com. They call it "Tag-O-Rama" or TOR for short. It's quite fun and since that site is so big, it's split up into regional sections rather than worldwide. Here's an example to the kind of game you want to play:

Empire State Wild Card Tag-O-Rama The point of the Wild Card tag is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many...

They call it a wildcard tag-o-rama. Here are the rules they use.

Rules are easy...
    1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
    2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
      • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of NYS Counties.

3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
    6. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
    7. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
    8. The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power (The vfr870 rule).
    9. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
    10. A new tag must be placed within 48 hours of getting the old tag.
    Also, usually the first person to start the game posts the first picture so, if you don't post anything, I will, and it won't be of a statue. Sorry, don't feel like looking for statue at the moment . So let's get this going.

Oh and maybe you'll want to post these rules in to your first post?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

OK...next time I'll part a little closer to the statue.
      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
      1982 GS1100E
      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Theo go for it let's say for the purposes of our game we keep it to north america and see who takes part if it get's too big we can divide the area... Who's up? Frosty... file photo? Nice try though.....

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
          Theo go for it let's say for the purposes of our game we keep it to north america and see who takes part if it get's too big we can divide the area... Who's up? Frosty... file photo? Nice try though.....
          Well if you accept it, here's the pic I just submitted to the game I'm playing on the other thread.

The theme is old abandoned buildings.

Comment

I think the next to find and shoot that tag should be able to keep or choose a new tag Sound ok? It makes it more creative along the way and nothing wrong with repeating with a new twist. Who's next to post with an abandoned building....then you get to choose...this will be done democratically since I was elected .... just kidding whatever the group decides as we go along....

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
              I think the next to find and shoot that tag should be able to keep or choose a new tag Sound ok? It makes it more creative along the way and nothing wrong with repeating with a new twist. Who's next to post with an abandoned building....then you get to choose...this will be done democratically since I was elected .... just kidding whatever the group decides as we go along....
              Yup, that's usually how we play. First person to match the tag posts a new one of a theme of their choice. So let's get this going .

Comment

I'll also add that all participants get a vote if there's something that requires it (ie rejection) other then that get to it people!!!Abandoned buildings for 1 pt.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
                  I'm actually participating in a game like that on www.advrider.com. They call it "Tag-O-Rama" or TOR for short. It's quite fun and since that site is so big, it's split up into regional sections rather than worldwide. Here's an example to the kind of game you want to play:
                  Hi Theo, I'm an inmate also on ADV.
                  Been trying to tag in Maine but they are still out of my close range.
                  Fun game though.
                  Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                  2000 Kawasaki Concours
                  Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I think we should start a couple different threads, abandoned buildings, art, historic, just start a new tor thread for each new topic... we can get threads moving through north america in different directions... it would be awesome...

I have a historic photo I did today for a local TOR. I was coming here to start this same thing... funny to see it just popped up today.

what does everyone think about multiple threads?

Comment

on a forum with members spread so far and wide this should be a guess where game.

over on the two wheeled texas forum we have a state tag game and there is a DFW area and Tarrant county games and the rules require you to locate the tag and ride there and take a picture of your bike in the same spot or as close as possible to get the tag and be able to move it.

the state one is slower going and right now is stuck in the panhandle but will be back in motion by july as our june end of month pie run is up there on the old route 66.

Comment

Let's keep it simple the next post to pose their bike in front of an abandoned building get's to choose the next tag keep it generic so everyone can play please.We've had 157 looks but only four people posting so there is some interest. Next.......

Comment

I'll play...when I can.

Here's some ideas of tags from the ADV site:
                          Water towers
                          power generation
                          creepy old industrial building
                          pier (close enough)
                          Urban sprawl
                          fire tower
                          watering holes
                          ice cream maker
                          observation post/one room school house
                          mile markers
                          Giant gnomes
                          community pools
                          wildlife
                          Lodge
                          museums
                          lawn art
                          Exotic animals
                          River crossing
                          Bandstands
                          Cabooses
                          Graffiti
                          cool old diner sign
                          Ambulance
                          tool booth photo by attendant
                          heavy equipment
                          moose crossing sign
                          topiary
                          waterfalls

Comment

Welcome to the game! Let's see some more out there wanna play? BTW Great list...

Comment

This sounds like fun, so I'm game. So to be clear, cause I'm a little confused. Are we now offically waiting for a pic of your bike in front of an abandonned building now, correct? Whoever is first gets to choose the next object....correct? If so, do they post a picture of their bike in front of that object for the game to continue?

Am I getting the jist of this, or am I way off base?

Comment

Working...
                              X