Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG don't wait for me motor is apart now!! Go find an abandoned building post and you choose the next one....hope it's not raining everywhere.....

Comment

I'm at a disadvantage here.

Old abandoned buildings are just not common in Alabama's ultra-modern infrastructure.
      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
      1982 GS1100E
      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post
        This sounds like fun, so I'm game. So to be clear, cause I'm a little confused. Are we now offically waiting for a pic of your bike in front of an abandonned building now, correct?
        Yes

Whoever is first gets to choose the next object....correct?
        Yes

If so, do they post a picture of their bike in front of that object for the game to continue?
        Yes

Am I getting the jist of this, or am I way off base?
        You've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011 View Post
          I'm at a disadvantage here.

Old abandoned buildings are just not common in Alabama's ultra-modern infrastructure.
          This website is for sale! abandonedbutnotforgotten.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, abandonedbutnotforgotten.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Your life is the best story! Just start your blog today!

...They are out there. Just do some googling and you'll come up with something.

Comment

Do I have to "officially" post that I'd like to be in the game? if so, I'm in. That is, as soon as I'm running again

Comment

So if I posed this:

Would that be a good start?
              Or would I get flamed because one of them isn't a Suzuki?
              Do I have top post where and when it was taken?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                So if I posed this:

Would that be a good start?
                Or would I get flamed because one of them isn't a Suzuki?
                Do I have top post where and when it was taken?
                I wouldn't care if it's not a Suzuki. My bike is clearly not. You don't have to post when or where it's from, but it's supposed to be a recent photo. Not a file photo you took some time ago.

Is it recent?

I'm about ready to accept it, just to get this game moving forward, as long as the next photo you post is a new one.

Comment

It's probably new enough, we took it the last day of February of this year. It was the first day of riding outside of the back yard for my wife on her first bike, a DR200.

Comment

It's probably new enough, we took it the last day of February of this year. It was the first day of riding outside of the back yard for my wife on her first bike, a DR200.
                    Alright, I'll accept it. Technically it's supposed to be taken after the initial tag was posted, but I'm tired of waiting. The point of the game is to go out and ride, so as long as the next photo you post is taken after tonight, then okay. And remember, it can be of whatever you want, just keep it to something that most people can replicate.

Comment

So I need to take a pic of my bike at some other type location, or just pick one for someone else to come up with?

Comment

So I need to take a pic of my bike at some other type location
                        Yup

Comment

OK, tomorrow I'll take a ride and a pic...

Comment

OK to be clear the rules..Rules are easy...
                            1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
                            2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus. Or choosing a new one for us to reproduce
                              • Try to be generic so they can be found in other areas

3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
                            4. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
                            5. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
                            6. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
                            7. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
                            8. The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power (The vfr870 rule).
                            9. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
                            10. You don't have to say you're joining in but I think that adds to it we get to see who's out there playing!

Some ideas from a previous post certainly not limited to anything but your imaginationHere's some ideas of tags from the ADV site:
                            Water towers
                            power generation
                            creepy old industrial building
                            pier (close enough)
                            Urban sprawl
                            fire tower
                            watering holes
                            ice cream maker
                            observation post/one room school house
                            mile markers
                            Giant gnomes
                            community pools
                            wildlife
                            Lodge
                            museums
                            lawn art
                            Exotic animals
                            River crossing
                            Bandstands
                            Cabooses
                            Graffiti
                            cool old diner sign
                            Ambulance
                            tool booth photo by attendant
                            heavy equipment
                            moose crossing sign (if you get this with bike and a moose in the background we'll give an atta boy)
                            topiary
                            waterfalls
                            tunnels
                            rooftops
                            historical sites
                            police officer (a hot one even better not gender specific eh)

Ok Kent getoutthere!!!!!

PS have fun and ride safely it is just a game!!
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2010, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Oh so now we have to wait?

I think you should have to post the submission pic and the next pic in the same post to keep it fresh.

I will keep an eye on this thread, was going to go find an abandoned building tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
                                Oh so now we have to wait?

I think you should have to post the submission pic and the next pic in the same post to keep it fresh.

I will keep an eye on this thread, was going to go find an abandoned building tonight.
                                ya, all the ones i've played the person posts a target, then the first person to post a pic of the target (like, say, an old abandoned building!) would pick a new target and so on ans so forth. seems like it would move faster that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X