Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Runs great??? Well maintained???? Divorced, not surprised!!!

I've HAD THIS BIKE FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS, IT WAS ORIGINALLY WHITE AND RED. ALL FAIRINGS AND BODY ARE DEEP PATRIOT BLUE PEARL - 90'S JEEP COLOUR. I HAVE ALL PARTS. I WANTED TO FINISH THIS PROJECT BUT DIVORCE AND LOSS OF SHOP PUT IT ON HOLD. I'M MOVING AGAIN AND WON'T BE ABLE TAKE WITH ME. RUNS GREAT, WELL MAINTAINED AND STORED. COMES WITH HAYNES SERVICE AND REPAIR BOOK. THIS BIKE NEEDS - TIRES, FRONT AND REAR BRAKE PADS, BOTH SPROCKETS AND CHAIN, BATTERY AND EXHAUST HEADER PIPES. MAKE ME AN OFFER - DIDN'T WANT TO SELL HER - JUST NO ROOM TO FINISH
    Shoot, grab it up. That's one of those rare train track bikes.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Another "cafe" builder. $4000...and he's dead seriouscafejoke.jpg

Comment

x
        prohibited
        [?] Posted 23 days ago
        printfavorite this post @@@1980 yamaha xs650 bobber/chopper/project@@@ - $1500 (tigard) hide this posting

image 1 of 10

1980 yamaha xs650

fuel: gas
        transmission: manual

this is a clean title xs650 i took on a part trade and have to many builds to get to it.has a rigid weld on,motor seems to have good compression,have a whole box full of parts to go with it,extra front end and wheels too,im pretty sure almost everything you need to get it going.the guy who had it before wasn't by any means a builder so the welds aint pretty and the forwards he welded on will need to be rewelded straight haha.might take a trade.nothing is hooked up on the bike right now just motor in frame and front end and wheels on
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

x
          prohibited
          [?] Posted 23 days ago
          printfavorite this post @@@1980 yamaha xs650 bobber/chopper/project@@@ - $1500 (tigard) hide this posting

image 1 of 10

1980 yamaha xs650

this is a clean title xs650 i took on a part trade and have to many builds to get to it.has a rigid weld on,motor seems to have good compression,have a whole box full of parts to go with it,extra front end and wheels too,im pretty sure almost everything you need to get it going.the guy who had it before wasn't by any means a builder so the welds aint pretty and the forwards he welded on will need to be rewelded straight haha.might take a trade.nothing is hooked up on the bike right now just motor in frame and front end and wheels on
          Portland IS the land of Fruits and Nuts after all...
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            Hell, it wouldn't be worth $800 if was licensed and on the road. LOL
            But that's $800 KANADIAN. Aboot $14.75 US. Still not worth it. Frame tag says GSX600. Probably under 5 feet of snow now.
            sigpic
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

x
              prohibited
              [?] Posted 23 days ago

image 1 of 10

1980 yamaha xs650

It will probably sell with those extra wire wheels thrown in. People are paying stupid money just for those.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                Shoot, grab it up. That's one of those rare train track bikes.
                Wow, first time i've ever seen a bike with the wheels on it without tires.... That engine is got to be frozen up.
                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Words escape me in this instance. That the ad has the line "Has LED lights that change colors" makes me wonder about the owners intoxication level.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/d/honda-750-interceptor/6442841955.html

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                  1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                  1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                  1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Come on, Jake. Those LEDs are obviously grow lights for the "produce" in the saddlebags.
                    No doubt for medicinal not recreational purposes.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
                      Words escape me in this instance. That the ad has the line "Has LED lights that change colors" makes me wonder about the owners intoxication level.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/d/honda-750-interceptor/6442841955.html

The weed doesnt bother me .. its actually pretty smart. This is what everyone looks at and then ignores what looks like a puddle of oil under the engine of his bike.
                      Slight of hand brothers slight of hand

Comment

So much for winter deals.....

who are these (nut jobs) people???

Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Your fellow countrymen. Make Kanada Great Aginn!
                          sigpic
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260

Comment

I only see 2 bikes and that gsx400 is not an '84...I'm pretty sure I've seen it listed before a few years ago-this guy bought it I guess.. but yes, the personal "stories" .... !!

 $2,100 · 3 bikes for the price of 1

I bought it years ago, and rode it a lot. It's a super fun bike for around town, and on the back roads. It even carried my fat ass (250lbs) over the Malahat without a hiccup.
                            Unfortunately when I bought a dual sport, this bike just got parked

And then there's "Hector" and his Kawasaki

Bought it from my best friend. It sat in his garage for 38years only getting stated, it had 6000km when I bought it, I put new tires, and battery and tuned it up.
                            And now have committed to boating. ha ha ha

Comment

The 3rd is in a box…ran good when parked I'm sure.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

If your right leg gets cold you can warm it up with this sweet Suzuki Savage bobber with the teeny tiny Honda tank which angles back so that a third of the fuel will stay in permanent reserve:

00x0x_kdEo7h2PGmc_600x450 by Gary L, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Working...
                                X