Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
    Unit construction BSA = Never worth serious money - absolute MAX I'd pay for an a65 is $7000 and that'd have to be pristine
    I know where there's one locally, and It's for sale

He's trimming his herd down to Velos and pre war Indians
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Classic Custom Bobber! Bargain Priced! - $1699 (El Paso (East))

I have an awesome custom looking bobber at a bargain price. This is a 1978 Suzuki GS1000 that I recently purchased and planned to keep for a lifetime but the costs to meet Texas state inspection is something I can't afford right now being that the rest is so strict, so it would just be sitting in the garage. This is a great bike if you plan to register in New Mexico or a state without an inspection. Runs and drives like a champ. Does have a valve cover gasket leak, that will need to be addressed. Very strong powerful 1000cc motor. If you are handy man, you can bring this bike to Texas safety standards and fix the gaskets for $30 on your own time and have a nice bobber for ages. I'm sad to let it go, but hopefully it goes to a home that'll have it on the streets legally in no time. Runs and drives as is and clean title out of New Mexico.

Ok, I've seen some tastefully modified bikes, but that's not what happened here!
      Wouldn't the forks twist without the fender, and the rear end eventually buckle inward?
      There's a lot more than a gasket to get this thing ready for the road, even in New Mexico!
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'm guessing titles not in his name and out of state = big bucks to get bonded title ( I know from experience)
        texas inspection is ludicrously simple - I've never even taken the three bikes I've had inspected off the back of the truck

tires, brake lights, horn , lights and that's it

two of mine are also (currently) title only ..... no inspection needed plus 1 is vintage plated (again no inspection needed)

so I suspect there's more to this than he's revealing ..... a lot more
        78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
        82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
        83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
        2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
        Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

I dont see any front brake lever, and maybe not any front brake caliper. Might that be one of the pesky Texas requirements?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            I dont see any front brake lever, and maybe not any front brake caliper. Might that be one of the pesky Texas requirements?

You're right about the front brake but the rear caliper, rear master, and lever are all there - just hard to see against the black wheel
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
              I think that is a Tracy body and a Don Vesco Rabid Transit fairing. Big Don Vesco fan here.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Possibly gold plated.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                  Not clear at all, but down the bottom it mentions it's for a 10-pack.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Keep seeing this ad in MC's and have a "peeve" about all the misposted crap like kids tricycles and whatnot already , anyhow, Think these are actually German U-boat pants despite being posted as "WW2 leatherGerman Motorcycle Riding pants"...Judging by the tag maybe reproduction (?):

I even went "wait, for $40 maybe I could dye them but they have goofy laces and are $50 AND for riding in U-boats (submarines) ...

Oh, not super funny, besides the price but incase anyone wondered here's how a Ninja 250 looks as "cafe racer":

Just interesting funny. Besides the price.

Of course there were more , one '89 honda hawk "Museum quality" I daydreamed of e-mailing/ calling stating ," why yes I am actually from the musuem and we'd like to purchase it for ..."

Lots of mostly Harley ads with bikini chics posing...One had the model then a random pic of an older woman holding a chiwawa , not even the bike in the pic (LOL, they know)...
                    Gave me an idea though, next time at beach I could ask a hottie to Please do me a favor and let me take a pic of her on/ next to my MC, great conversation starter , maybe(?)...

There's an ad with a dude wearing riding leather but english on the ad ain't so good , and it states, "always treat her like a lady, only use [whichever odd] oil ..." But the guys might be cool so can't post pic/link...just funny after all the chic posing on bike ads was all...

There's a Harley frame for $4000 but the bike is complete just disassembled (FULLY, pics of little bits) and no time to finish LOL, guy is probably a total goof...
                    Oh a GS 550 with 2700 put into cafe rear and GSXR front for $2000 ( could have some affiliation here though so...)

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
                      Keep seeing this ad in MC's and have a "peeve" about all the misposted crap like kids tricycles and whatnot already , anyhow, Think these are actually German U-boat pants despite being posted as "WW2 leatherGerman Motorcycle Riding pants"...Judging by the tag maybe reproduction (?):

I even went "wait, for $40 maybe I could dye them but they have goofy laces and are $50 AND for riding in U-boats (submarines) ...

Oh, not super funny, besides the price but incase anyone wondered here's how a Ninja 250 looks as "cafe racer":

Just interesting funny. Besides the price.

Of course there were more , one '89 honda hawk "Museum quality" I daydreamed of e-mailing/ calling stating ," why yes I am actually from the musuem and we'd like to purchase it for ..."

Lots of mostly Harley ads with bikini chics posing...One had the model then a random pic of an older woman holding a chiwawa , not even the bike in the pic (LOL, they know)...
                      Gave me an idea though, next time at beach I could ask a hottie to Please do me a favor and let me take a pic of her on/ next to my MC, great conversation starter , maybe(?)...

There's an ad with a dude wearing riding leather but english on the ad ain't so good , and it states, "always treat her like a lady, only use [whichever odd] oil ..." But the guys might be cool so can't post pic/link...just funny after all the chic posing on bike ads was all...

There's a Harley frame for $4000 but the bike is complete just disassembled (FULLY, pics of little bits) and no time to finish LOL, guy is probably a total goof...
                      Oh a GS 550 with 2700 put into cafe rear and GSXR front for $2000 ( could have some affiliation here though so...)
                      Why you think those were U boat pants?
                      Of course they would be reproduction, leather don't last so long.
                      The 250cc Ninja-“Cafe Racer”-amazing how newbees think their 250cc is more valuable than a 600-1100cc.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Why you think those were U boat pants?
                        Of course they would be reproduction, leather don't last so long.
                        The 250cc Ninja-“Cafe Racer”-amazing how newbees think their 250cc is more valuable than a 600-1100cc.
                        There used to (years ago) be a surplus store that had the gray Jackets AND those pants IIRC, and they were "U-boat" gear. I thought the gray leather was unique to submariners.
                        I picked up some East German surplus wool winter pants that served me as winter riding and hunting pants well, up until last year...Back then they were cheap, now they're $$$.

$3500 for 2000 250 ninja...Think it's interesting IF it can sell.

About to go for ride on the GSX1100G and I'll forget ALL the ads probably later today , BUT there's been a Honda Magna ('80's model) similar to my old one for $500 or offer...Great commuter bike IMO....Still I'm about to probably buy an '82 Mercedes Turbo Diesel for about that much for long trips with the kids (rental cars ad up over the year)...LOL mercedes driving pants. Actually where I live the BMW drivers act like nazis...No joke like "look at me in my german chevy woo, I can drive however, it's a BMW..."
                        Got to get to work on stuff. ...LOL...
                        Urgh! remembered my Speedo quit , going to need to get the GPS mounted today. Don't know if it's the cable or the gear in it...got a way to tell which one quick?

Comment

Not so much funny because of the bike but the price and working in the ad:

i have an custom hyabussa equipped air bags stereo system and more clean only been rode a few times
                          only serious inquiries give me a call asap if you won't more info on this bike !!! thank you asking 25,000 or you best offer brand new ery thang!!!!!!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5986587479.html

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                            Not so much funny because of the bike ...
                            Oh, the bike is plenty funny, too.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

2017 with 30,000 miles on it?!?
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I think this qualifies

I am selling my bike because I have upgraded to a 1974 Moto Guzzi 850T which is the next project. This bike has an engine that starts very very easily. It has never given me trouble starting. I used it for commuting last year from home to school. I've put a ton of money into it to freshen it up.

-new indicators
                                -new indicators
                                -new headlights
                                -new tires
                                -new cafe seat
                                -clubman handlebars
                                -new oil
                                -new clutch plates
                                -new clutch springs
                                -new chain
                                -new front and rear sprockets
                                -new cables, all except speedo
                                -new front and rear brakes
                                -bar end mirrors
                                -new muffler and h pipe delete

when I first got this bike I spent countless hours in the garage with it. If you wanted a reliable commuter, you could put standard bars on this bike and it'll still look great. It's a fun, zippy bike with short gears. I'm reluctant to sell it, but I need to start paying for parts for my new project bike.

Hipster right down to the "artful"X on the light
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-07-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X