No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice the cardboard under the engine to protect the driveway.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

1980 Suzuki GS550 - $950 (Mt Airy, MD) hide this posting

image 1 of 5

Suzuki GS550

fuel: gas
      transmission: manual

Barn Find, 1980 Suzuki GS550 .. 4 cylinder engine .. 19,000 miles .. Found 3 years ago in a barn that was taken down in Woodbine, MD, been in my barn since .. need the space, it's gotta go ! asking $950/OBO .. for details call Steve show contact info
      2010 Honda VFR1200F
      1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
      Being Revisited
      1981 Honda CM400T
      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

I don't think that guy knows what a worthless turd he has there. Likely no title either. That wouldn't be worth picking up if it were FREE... I think he should have left it in the other barn, lol...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Aw c'mon, that thing should buff out rather nicely. Maybe another case of a misplaced decimal in the price.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            I don't think that guy knows what a worthless turd he has there. Likely no title either. That wouldn't be worth picking up if it were FREE... I think he should have left it in the other barn, lol...
            The upper portion of the seat might be worth something - to some homeless hornets.

And any '82 or '83 11e owner would give his small finger for such easy battery access. I'd bid $10 - if the storage space was included.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

taste, I suppose, is subjective....https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/m...822608424.html
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I would not want to hit hard bumps and rough roads trying to grip that tank with my legs. That would hurt mightily.
                1981 GS 1000GLX.
                1981 GS 1000G.
                1981 GS 650GLX.
                1975 TS 185.
                1972 100. Kawasaki.
                1968 100. Suzuki.
                1970 Z 50. Honda.
                1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Yeh that's a true nut cracker and the worn paint on the tank proves it 😭
                  The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                  1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                  past bikes. RF900
                  TL1000s
                  Hayabusa
                  gsx 750f x2
                  197cc Francis Barnett
                  various British nails

Comment

All that unsprung weight will make those nasty bumps worse.
                    Lights are probably crap. Those flat sided parts were a lot easier to make.

Sort of a Honda Grom meets Mad Max meets too much hp, except lots of riders have good fun with those Groms.

Comment

Damn thing is ugly. Jeez........uz.

Comment

The price tag, of 18,000 is the most ridiculous part of it...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                          Because Less is More.

(We sawzall, you payzall)
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Sort of a Honda Grom meets Mad Max meets too much hp, ....
                            I was looking for the right words but you nailed it.

grom.jpgalmost uncanny

so I moved on and wondered why a "streetfighter" has no turn signals. Really- by definition, they should be a feature of a "streetfighter"...and what "streets" need or want tires like that? ok-I'm old and losing the plot as to the modern lingo but , "sick,man-that's sick" does work for me here.
                            Last edited by Gorminrider; 02-26-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

79 "suski"

Just read the ad, its good for a laugh.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Wow-electronic invention upgrad! Cool he'll consider a trade for a bike with few injection. Don't recall ever injecting mine, so that counts as 'few', right?? I'm gonna tex him...
                                '78 GS750E (currently undergoing TLC).

Comment

Working...
                                X