Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhmmmm okay....

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/fairfield-suzuki-gs750l-custom-hot-rod/6974465735.html

Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post

"Loud, fast and awesome..." One out of three ain't bad.

With the exhaust tape applied, and the gauges removed, it'll sell in a day.

I could live a few blocks away from it. Big, looong blocks. Avenues. Boulevards.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It's not "bad"......it's just that he had all those Harley just laying around the garage and figured 'why not, someone will buy it'.
        Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
        1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
        1981 GS1100E

Comment

Fixxer Upper. Clean title though.

00E0E_bQVc3v4nHOG_600x450.jpg

Comment

Fixer upper? Okay, let's get to it. First things first. Probably going to need new tires (remember, even if there's enough tread, age and condition are factors ).

Doesn't say how much he hopes to profit. Hope he's not planning on using the proceeds to build an extension on his house, or even a new kitchen. Actually, if you go and clean that mess out of his yard, he should go and build you a new kitchen.

I wonder what his policy with test rides is? Cash in hand first?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

At least the ashes are all there. That's something.

Comment

This Guy is a Pro

1981 suzuki gs750e. Condition is For parts or not working. Local pickup only.
                Does not currently run.
                NEED GONE TODAY NEEDS TOW
                Did a little bit of work on it, previous owner clearly had no idea what he was doing, had some weird ass under glows hitched to the battery in the worst way possible. Old bikes already have a bit of parasitic draw from the battery, so im assuming he tried to beef up the battery and thats what shot the starter.

Bought a new solenoid starter just in case that one was shot and replaced all the fuses. Also got a new battery but thankfully came into some luck and got a daily. So all that left is to replace the starter (40$ part) front tire (80$) and the back right blinker is missing.
                Super f***ing clean, carbs look great, lots of chrome, not too much body damage for a 30 year old bike, with only 11000 miles on her, shes still got a lot of life in her, dont let it waste away in my garage.

Asking 750 OBO

Title in hand
                sigpic

SUZUKI:
                1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

That must be super ****** clean plastic seat and special red gaffer tape. (I actually typed gagger tape, which might be appropriate).
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

This isn't necessarily a "funny" per se, but the owner seems to have been a little naïve thinking he could invest this kind of money into a V-Max and get even half of it back when he sold it:

One of a kind V max. Street or show bike. Very low miles. Candy blue paint. Almost everything chromed or polished. Built with a New Engine and Carbs. Newer style front forks and brakes. Custom made 18 inch rear wheel with 200mm wide rear tire. Progressive front springs and rear shocks. Rides very smooth. Too much to list. Call for more details. I bought this bike 5 years ago from a custom bike builder in California for 40k. Selling because I don't have much time to ride and a bike this nice should not sit in the garage. I would consider a trade for a nice corvette or muscle car or maybe a nice boat. $28k cash obo. I do not need help selling this bike. Call or Text only. Mike

00n0n_k7h4WJClXgA_600x450.jpg

Last edited by Griffin; 10-07-2019, 10:53 AM.
                    sigpic

SUZUKI:
                    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

He says he doesn't need help selling this... I say for 28 grand, he needs all the help he can get! 😲
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I'm shocked that NADA lists an excellent Max at 12k, but then again, I dont watch sales of those.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          He says he doesn't need help selling this... I say for 28 grand, he needs all the help he can get! 
                          He is in California, so he will probably find someone willing to pay 28K for a old, used V Max. lol
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            I'm shocked that NADA lists an excellent Max at 12k, but then again, I dont watch sales of those.
                            They are typically listed on Craigslist for $3,000-$5000. I imagine most of them sold over the past couple years go in the $3k-$3.5k range.

Five years ago, they were going for about $5k on ebay, but not anymore.
                            sigpic

SUZUKI:

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                              https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/m...991543642.html

This isn't necessarily a "funny" per se, but the owner seems to have been a little naïve thinking he could invest this kind of money into a V-Max and get even half of it back when he sold it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59169[/ATTACH]

Looks pimped out e-nuf fo pro basketball o football jock. Chi's got plenty o those.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                                https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/m...991543642.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59169[/ATTACH]
                                Bought for $40k - needs to see a mental health professional.

Trying to sell for $28k - needs to adjusts his meds.

Comment

Working...
                                X