Page 261 of 761 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 7604

Thread: Craigslist "funnies"

  1. #2601
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    southwest oHIo
    Posts
    35,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaat View Post
    Just so people that see this later than next week can see it:
    ==============================================
    i have built a few bikes in the past... bobbers..ect. this time i got a little creative with it... YES..that is the gas tank in the back... and YES.. those are ram air intakes where the gas tank use to be. i built the bike myself. its a kz750 twin motor.. and it has a cbr mono shock. i cant say its a cafe bike.. or a street fighter because its neither.. its one of a kind.it has all led headlights and tail lights.. im moving to Florida and i need a cargo van or a nice vehicle to pull a trailer with.. ill also sell the bike if anyone just has cash. today is July 30th and im finishing up the carb work on the bike (re-jetting) so it wont be done for another week... just wanted to put it on craigslist to see what anyone had to trade so i can make a deal next week.. please feel free to email me with what you have.. looking forward to seeing whats out there.. thanks..







    .

    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

  2. #2602
    MAJikMARCer Guest

    Default

    Upside down handle bars, worthlessly cushioned seat, tiny gas tank, loud mufflerless pipes, and questionable build quality. Oh yea. That's definitely worth $2000! Bargain even.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Just so people that see this later than next week can see it:
    ==============================================
    i have built a few bikes in the past... bobbers..ect. this time i got a little creative with it... YES..that is the gas tank in the back... and YES.. those are ram air intakes where the gas tank use to be. i built the bike myself. its a kz750 twin motor.. and it has a cbr mono shock. i cant say its a cafe bike.. or a street fighter because its neither.. its one of a kind.it has all led headlights and tail lights.. im moving to Florida and i need a cargo van or a nice vehicle to pull a trailer with.. ill also sell the bike if anyone just has cash. today is July 30th and im finishing up the carb work on the bike (re-jetting) so it wont be done for another week... just wanted to put it on craigslist to see what anyone had to trade so i can make a deal next week.. please feel free to email me with what you have.. looking forward to seeing whats out there.. thanks..







    .

  3. #2603
    old_skool Guest

    Default

    I'd have to say, it isn't your cookie cutter variety, actually, can't believe I'm going to say it, very creative, if it had rear suspension, maybe a candidate for a Spielberg or Lucas prop. Very movie like....not everyday practical.

  4. #2604
    MAJikMARCer Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_skool View Post
    I'd have to say, it isn't your cookie cutter variety, actually, can't believe I'm going to say it, very creative, if it had rear suspension, maybe a candidate for a Spielberg or Lucas prop. Very movie like....not everyday practical.
    I can agree with the creativity and movie prop-like design. Oh and there is a monoshock on the rear, you can see it in the first picture (red spring)

  5. #2605
    davidduarte Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaat View Post
    Aside from some of the bizarre details, I actually like this bike. I don't care for the headlight, and location and size/shape of the gas tank leave a lot to be desired. With a standard type headlight/gas tank and a seat with a bit more padding, I think it would look much better. I wonder if you could put a gas tank in the area where the airbox used to be. I imagine you'd have to use a fuel pump if you did. I'm not sure you could approach the capacity of a standard gas tank that way, but it would be a better place to put the weight of the gas, as opposed to above the rear wheel. I wonder how effective that ram air is.

  6. #2606
    davidduarte Guest

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidduarte
    that video had 10 likes, no dislikes, so I disliked it. Come on everybody, let's see how many dislikes we can put on it

    Quote Originally Posted by 7981GS View Post
    I'm in.
    It sounds like he missed his first shift in the video. Such a deal!

    Eric
    10 likes, now 7 dislikes (including mine). Come on GSR, we can do better than that
    Last edited by davidduarte; 07-31-2012 at 11:32 AM.

  7. #2607
    Alan Schlosser's Avatar
    Alan Schlosser is offline Forum Mentor Charter Member
    Past Site Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ontario, New York
    Posts
    872

    Default Custom chopper

    I just don't know what to say.....

    http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/3174769318.html
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

  8. #2608
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    *Quote* I wonder how effective that ram air is.

    If you mean it runs rich at low speed, and lean at high speed? It is most efficient...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet



    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

    I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

  9. #2609
    Toasty Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schlosser View Post
    I just don't know what to say.....

    http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/3174769318.html
    Are those rear shocks he's using as a "springer" front end? It looks like he made it from Home Depot angle iron, wtf.


  10. #2610
    Dave8338 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Annandale, MN
    Posts
    11,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidduarte View Post
    Aside from some of the bizarre details, I actually like this bike. I don't care for the headlight, and location and size/shape of the gas tank leave a lot to be desired. With a standard type headlight/gas tank and a seat with a bit more padding, I think it would look much better. I wonder if you could put a gas tank in the area where the airbox used to be. I imagine you'd have to use a fuel pump if you did. I'm not sure you could approach the capacity of a standard gas tank that way, but it would be a better place to put the weight of the gas, as opposed to above the rear wheel. I wonder how effective that ram air is.
    Most of the pieces are there, I agree. What throws my meter out the window, is the futuristic shapes, thrown over a clasic upright twin, and the SPOKED WHEELS !

    Just isn't coming together, for me...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •