• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RustyStuff View Post
    Hmmmmmm.

I believe I found the inspiration.
    That takes FUGLY to a whole new level

Comment

Believe it or not but Japanese gangs roll bikes just like that. Not a bike you would want the owner to catch you making fun of. Japan is an interesting place...

Comment

says it all.. style, function, art.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. Shame that he be blind as a bat!

Comment

If you think of it as a cartoon, like those from the pen of George Trosley, then it's actually very well done. The proportions ate correct, the angles and lines all flow... It's a hell of a lot closer to being artistically beautiful than anything GM has produced in the past 10 years.

Comment

Definitely looks better than 98% of the bobbers we see here.

And it looks like you could even ride it a little, although probably not with a straight face.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

GS750 Bobber $2600

running work in progress for a couple of years??? must have been the holes he had to drill in the rear fender for the signals that took so long. That or the removal of the rear shocks and putting some cool straight stock in their place. I guess they don't call them 'hard tails' for nothing.

Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Rhetorical question alert - what do people have against shocks?
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I don't know, but I can't even think about riding without them. First place I will dump the money into any bike. BAck is trashed from too many hard miles on poor suspensions.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Rhetorical question alert - what do people have against shocks?
                    Rhetorical answer?

Only two things that I can think of:
                    1. That is the only way to keep the bike from wallowing around in high-speed curves. It acheives this by two methods: a) it firms up the suspension to the point where wallowing does not occur, and b) the bike is so dang uncomfortable, you can not acheive speeds high enough for wallowing to occur.
                    2. That is the only way to lower the bike to get that "bad-ass" look, and not have the fender bottom out on the tire, shredding it to bits. This also has the side-benefit of reducing cornering clearance, which also limits your speed to prevent wallowing in the curves.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The pink (red) brake fluid cap is one of those details...... This bike is okay with me since I never liked the Hawks and would have loved to made fun of one. You would have to ride this with full race leathers to complete the look. It needs the bling.

Comment

I thought I saw Santa Claus riding that through the air on Christmas with a big bag of Suzuki parts for all us good GSR members

or maybe it was the egg nog
                        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Uggg! Why?

Don't know if this would be considered a "funny" or a Horror!

Comment

1983 suzuki gs 550l - $250 (east troy wi)

I know, it's only an "L"...... but still - gotta have more respect than to leave it out in the snow and cold

I have a gs550l year 1983 with 13, 000 miles on it. Here is the scoop I bought it feom a guy that let it sit for 12 years. I had to recoat the inside of the tank. Cleaned the carbs (new needel and seats and bowl gaskets. Replaced the chain. Replaced air filter. Replaced spark plugs. Replaced oil and filter, ordered new blinker covers. I had it running took it on about a 15 mile ride to my buddys. Went to leave and the starter took a dump. So I put it away.... went to go take a look at it about a week ago and the back tire is locked up..... it was not like this when I put it away. Maybe its just frozen becuase of the temps I don't know... I'm asking for $250 firm just to get the money I put in it back. My name is joe text 262-374-0829 possible trade for flourencent lighting

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                              I know, it's only an "L"...... but still - gotta have more respect than to leave it out in the snow and cold
                              Probably is just stuck in gear.
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem63 View Post
                                Don't know if this would be considered a "funny" or a Horror!
                                http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/4308232703.html
                                Other than the hard tail and a complete lack of lights at the rear, that one is not really all that bad.

The asking price of $1650 is not as outrageous as some, either.

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X