No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it looks like it has highway pegs. That's added value.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The builder(wrecker) probably asked for tech advice here and got his feelings hurt…
      good riddance.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

It has already been mentioned, but here is the picture for the "truth in advertising".

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
          NADA good is $3,055 & very good is $6,285. Most of those CL bikes are probably in the good to very good range.

An NADA-excellent 100%-correct trailer-queen show bike might be worth $12k, but CL is not the place to sell that type of bike.

There is a sweet-looking one-owner 1985 VMax on Cycle Trader for $5,900.
          Starting with a very good bike & chroming everything can cost serious $$$, but it doesn’t necessarily do much to the value.
          If I was in the market for a VMax, I’d prefer the sweet-looking one-owner bike over the CL bike irrespective of the cost.
          It's absurdly overpriced, but it's certainly no garden variety beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
            https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...000553677.html

I bet the exhaust blasting in your face makes it a real joy to ride.

World famous

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/m...000906383.html

Usually these unrideable chopped up parts bin P.O.S.s don't have any fenders...
              I just noticed the tank says Harley Davidson. It's not - I can tell from the style of the engine. But speaking of fenders, doesn't the front of the rear fender look a tad too close to the pavement?
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                But speaking of fenders, doesn't the front of the rear fender look a tad too close to the pavement?
                He broke his only hacksaw blade after cutting the frame and exhaust.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Actually, there is a bit of genius in putting the fender there.

On street-going motorcycles, most flat tires are on the rear. That is because the front tire will roll over something and stand it up on end, just in time for the rear to run it over. Having a deflector in front of the rear tire will reduce that a bit.

On a couple of my previous bikes, I had a mud flap extension on the front fender that almost dragged the pavement. In fact, the outer corners were beveled by the pavement while going through curves. After installing the extension, I never had another flat on the rear.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                    I just noticed the tank says Harley Davidson. It's not - I can tell from the style of the engine.
                    Most of the bike is rather Suzuki-ish, but it certainly does appear that the gas tank is a Harley tank.

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
                      Most of the bike is rather Suzuki-ish, but it certainly does appear that the gas tank is a Harley tank.
                      Doesn't look like the original (2.5 gal) "Peanut" tank, but even if it is the 'large' (3.5 gal), as someone pointed out, it looks like a third of the fuel can never be accessed.

Comment

If this doesn't sum up the Harley culture...

(from a CL ad in my area)
                        Last edited by Spyder; 11-01-2019, 01:14 PM.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I would love to ride to an idyllic place and enjoy a few drinks.... but then I'd be camped out for hours waiting until I could ride again....

I have taken coffee to a quiet morning spot a couple of times.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I size my trunks with a 18 pack.

V
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Seen on Craigslist for sale: Ibanez 6 string, electric/agnostic guitar.
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                                Seen on Craigslist for sale: Ibanez 6 string, electric/agnostic guitar.
                                Back in the 70s I used to think they all were, tools of the devil.
                                Then we got christain rock, praise and worship bands.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X