77mm pistons with 18mm pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77mm pistons with 18mm pin?

Does anyone make 77mm pistons for 18mm pins to use an 1150 block on an 1100?
    Or, could I use 78mm pistons in an 1150 block?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2010, 02:40 PM.

MTC has just what you need.
    Last edited by TeamDar; 05-23-2010, 03:19 PM. Reason: add address

Comment

Or you could talk to RapidRay. He can get CP to make any configuration you want.
      The Three Horsemen
      '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
      '83 GS1100ES
      ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
      Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
        Or you could talk to RapidRay. He can get CP to make any configuration you want.
        Ya I thought of that, but I was thinking custom pistons would be pricey.

Comment

Not that pricey for what you get & you can't go to 78mm on an 1150 block without re-sleeving. Also, if you put an MTC piston next to a CP, you wouldn't even have to think about which one is the better piece. The MTCs are dinosaurs compared to the CPs & the CPs will be lighter, stronger, & make more power. PERIOD!!! Ray.

Comment

Someone at oldskoolsuzuki.info is using stock 2008 Hayabusa 81mm pistons on his big bore. Had to deck the block 2mm due to the difference in compression height. The wristpin is 18mm.

Comment

You want a 1230 kit too? Do you have an 1150 cylinder?
              Try to find an 1150 crank. Wiseco still makes this kit but I bet not for too much longer. MTC discontinued theirs.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The MTC catalog still shows a 77mm kit for 1100's (18mm pin). Seems like a good way to go as long as they are available.
                But where can you order them online?

Comment

800-827-9210

Comment

Deck the block .080 ++? and not just put a bigger base gasket in???

smart builder there.
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                      Deck the block .080 ++? and not just put a bigger base gasket in???

smart builder there.
                      Maybe he has to deck the block because it is too tall for the busa compression height??
                      Speed Merchant
                      http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

As probably the only company in the industry that is master distributor for all of the piston companies, including CP ( There are only 8 of us in the USA), and MTC, I can tell you that both are excellent pistons. Both made different ways, CP being the latest state of the art, with the trick forgings, etc, but MTC pistons run tight bores and the leakdown is zero.

In an old school GS 10 to 1 street motor, you would never be able to tell the difference.

Master distributor for CP, JE, Wiseco, MTC, Wossner
                        Speed Merchant

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jay View Post
                          Maybe he has to deck the block because it is too tall for the busa compression height??

AT KPM they have some gsxr pistons running in roller engines.

the clearance is of no consequience if it comes off of the top or extra space is put under . if you are billing a customer may as well make some money.... cant get the same mark up on a pre fab gasket as you can for machining set up fee, and 2 or 3 passes on the surface broach.

Ive seen spacer plate of .125 to get xs 1100 pistons in a KZ deck hgt right (1060cc) suqeezed up to 15-1

I'd probably choose back off the cam timing to ablige a tall crown too. (instaed of more deck clearance)
                          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I understand what he said to be, was that the compression height of the busa piston is less than that of the GS motor. So in he installs the busa piston, it would be 2 mm "in the hole" at TDC. You cant fix that with a larger base gasket. You would have to mill the block down to bet the correct deck.
                            Speed Merchant

Comment

Working...
                            X