Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight Hesitation, Around 7-7.5k

'83 GS850

It's just momentary, then back to normal power up to redline. Carbs? Fuel flow?

Sounds like a carb problem. When was the last time you cleaned em? Did you just get the bike? Any new mods? If it was fuel flow you would be stuck at a certain range of rpm's normally as the carbs would be sucking up all the fuel that came into them and using it immediately.

Comment

Summer '05 the carbs were gone through from what I understand. I got the bike in November that year. I haven't touched them (about 16k later). There is surface rust inside the tank. I changed the inline fuel filter once. It's stock except for a K&N.

Comment

Did you rejet after adding the k&n filters? I would try a larger main jet?

Comment

The K&N I have is just the airbox kind, not pods.

I noticed a little hesitating today on the highway when I was passing a semi with full throttle in top gear. It doesn't seem to be all the time though; sometimes barely noticeable when I'm specifically looking for it.

I haven't done all the boot sealing, other checking, etc. stuff that Cliff lists, so I'm probably remiss there. : )
          Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X