? for gsxr conversion guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for gsxr conversion guys

What did you guys use for brake lines? Ill be using a superbike bar and one inch risers. Will stock lines for gs work? Thanks in advance

I use some old stainless lines (two lines of equal length) that I had when bike was stock. They are a little long but still work. You can hide some of the length behind the head light.

Comment

Originally posted by wesmoon View Post
      What did you guys use for brake lines? Ill be using a superbike bar and one inch risers. Will stock lines for gs work? Thanks in advance
      I am using first gen gixxer brakes, and they have a thread in brake line to the caliper.. Dunno if I can change that or not, as I am not excited about having to buy ALL NEW lines again after just installing SS lines on the stock stuff this spring..

Comment

I have a set of Bandit's that appear to fit well, don't have them on the bike yet...

Comment

Custom(homemade) SS lines, in equal length just like isoleman.
          Marc
          AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
          1978 GS1000C X2
          1978 GS1000E X2
          1979 GS1000S
          1979 gs1000
          1983 gs400e

Comment

I called up Paragon Performance,

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

All made to order; we walked through all the front lines including antidives which were tough to fit. Not cheap but it fit nice the first time.
            Last edited by posplayr; 05-27-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I imagine that making your own stainless steel lines would probably be the easiest route. If you're going to take on a GSXR suspension/brake conversion, making those lines will be cake.

Comment

I've got a set of lines that were meant for some early GSXR. They were a little tight when I had bars mounted above the triple, now they are a little long with clipons. I might pick up some new fittings and shorten them to fit better.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  I am using first gen gixxer brakes, and they have a thread in brake line to the caliper.. Dunno if I can change that or not, as I am not excited about having to buy ALL NEW lines again after just installing SS lines on the stock stuff this spring..
                  Regular lines will work on those with banjo bolts. Your stock style stainless will bolt right up. I've got those same calipers.
                  Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I've got a set of Galfers (two line style, one to each side) i got off ebay from an '01 gsxr 750.
                    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by wesmoon View Post
                      GS lines will be too short from the splitter to the master. Just replace with a longer one. IF you replace the master be aware of the diff of orientaion where the line exits the master. YOu have to get the right fitting orientation or they won't fit.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
                      X