No announcement yet.

GS450 1982 Jetting sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

local suzuki dealer. DGY motorsports in Downers Grove, IL. had to pull them out to match em up.

Comment

Haha awesome no clue u were from IL. I live in carol stream.... quick question what have u done to your exhaust?

Comment

its hard to explain. just look at the pics id say. lol

HTML Code:
        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=3692242&id=618617242

Comment

Good thread. I've done something similar to my '77 GS400. I chopped my rear end too, but I haven't actually replaced the swingarm yet... just riding rigid struts for the time being. I don't ride it too much or too hard, so I'm not too worried about frame cracking, but I will hard tail it soon.

I have pod air filters too, but I did it a bit differently. I found some hose at a specialty shop that fits the intake side of the carbs just perfectly and extends the intake by about 2 1/2". Then I used some exhaust spacer pipe to extend the intake a bit more and create a hard pipe for my air pods to clamp onto. All told, I've extended the air intake about 4-5 inches, and then the pod filters. This might be overkill but the thinking is that it would smooth out the air flow like the air box used to do. I think my mains are +3 and the pilot +1. I've also got mean straight pipe fishtail exhausts with 8" baffles. It's too loud, but it runs pretty well these days.

I do have a question for any of the gurus which may help me and the original thread writer... right on the transition from acceleration to coasting, at low throttle, I can feel the bike hunting a bit. All in all, I think it's running pretty good, so I won't mess with the carbs again unless I need to, but is hunting (very minor surging) a sign of something... I can't remember.

Comment

hunting at idle is either gonna be because,
            a. pilots are too lean.
            b. the single throttle cable is notorious for making it hunt occasionally
            c. pilots are too rich. (probably not it in your case)

thats about all i can think that might cause it. or atleast the common causes perhaps.

Comment

Working...
            X