• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty View Post
    Here is one when dave came to florida-

THANKS for sharing such good pics

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

I have to say that I was a bit overwhelmed when the three of us showed up on our bikes, and one of the funeral directors hustled over and told us that we were going to lead the procession from the funeral parlor to the cemetary (about fifteen miles out in the country). When the procession started, I took point (behind the pace car with flashing lights) to lead Dave on his last ride with some of his GS buddies.
      what a lucky man to have a family that understood his passion well enough to have something like that arranged.

Comment

That is such a nice thing.

They must have understood his love of motorcycling and what it meant to him .

I remember when a relative of mine died and the police men on the rout in full dress saluted the hearse as it drove by.
        It was like when the preacher at my grandmother's funeral made the hearse driver stop for a full minute in front of her house on her way to the gravesite.

It was an amazing gesture as is any fitting homage to a lost loved one.
        PntrDave looke very happy in the pictures you have posted it is good he could be happy in what had to be a difficult end to his life.

Comment

I'm finally able to post here. I'm sorry that Dave is gone, but so glad that I'd met and ridden with him on more than one occasion. He was the genuine article and one of the funniest guys I've ever met. RIP my friend.

Brad bk

Comment

I guess I really hadn't logged on in a while I totally missed Dave's lung problems.

I met Dave at our first GS Rally at Roaring River State park in Mo. But I knew him from the GS resources board a long time before that.

He was one of the really good guys that you meet on rare occasions that actually cares about his friends and family and shows it every day.

He was loved and appreciated and will be missed by quit a few people.

Rest in peace Dave in a far better place.

Comment

I was really sorry to hear of Dave's passing. I'd met Dave on several occasions. What a genuinely nice guy. He really enjoyed life.
              One fond memory was the first year he came to Florida and stayed with Scotty. Earl and I went over to Scotty's for a quick ride and to partake in some good old fashioned italian food. Unfortunately, Scotty's Pasta maker was on the fritz, but we all gave it the good old GSR effort before succumbing to the box pasta. lol. Anyway, Earl and I spent the day with Dave and Scotty and had quite a good time. That was the first time I'd met Dave, and many more times after that. He will be sorely missed.
              God Speed Dave.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                I was just thinking about you again...I'm with your niece....Take me for a ride too!
                Still missing you and your posts, yet, you are so alive in our hearts and minds. Peace Bro...see ya soon...but, not tooooo soon....I hope!
                pmint

Comment

I totally missed this. Although Dave and I had hoped to ride together at some point we never go the opportunity. I enjoyed many "conversations" with Dave both in the forum and privately via inbox with him.

Rest in peace my dear friend and know you live on in my heart as you do in so many others

Comment

Yesterday would have been Dave's birthday... I'll have a beer for him.

Comment

Ok, I don't log-on and monitor the forum like I use to since I sold my GS's but am deeply sadened by the passing of Dave. He was my first introduction to the GS family as we rode together to the '06 Galena rally' and the following 'Brown County Rally' in "07. First impressions was a gentle, kindred soul, a true brother indeed. Naturally funny and could put anyone at ease. He would even call and tell me he's stopping by because he was just riddin in the neighborhood. I could since a therapy in his ridding. I'm going to miss you my brother, Dave.

Chip Evans

Comment

Working...
                      X