No announcement yet.

RIP PntrDave (Dave Davis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO!! so sorry to hear. I sold him my pickle of a gs1000 a couple years ago. (green).

the VIN last 3 #'s are 512 my NHRA number. maybe his son will take great care of it.

godspeed
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post
      Son of a b*tch. This sucks to read.

Sobering reality how fragile life is; I spent some time with Dave at the Brown County Rally this year. I had dinner with him and Rodney; he told us stories about making beer runs for the USMC. I sure didn't think that would be the last time I'd see him.

Ride on Dave.

~Adam

Yeah, Dave was an endless fount of stories, and he laughed constantly. It was infectious. I'll miss seeing the...umm...interesting machines he would show up on.

Rest well Dave!

Rodney
      sigpic

Comment

I was granted the day off by the powers that be in the office. I'll meet you folks out there.

Comment

Originally posted by skreemer View Post
          I was granted the day off by the powers that be in the office. I'll meet you folks out there.
          You don't want to meet up and ride together do you? I will be passing you on the way through.

Comment

Nice tribute you guys are paying by being there for him. Wish I were closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Oliver880 View Post
              You don't want to meet up and ride together do you? I will be passing you on the way through.
              When and where? I was planning on leaving here between 11:30 and noon.

I'd send you a private message but you've run out of space.

Or give me a call
              630-640-8572,
              I live out on the west end behind the mall.(if you know the area) I usually meet folks int he mall parking lot out in front of Borders Books. Otherwise, give me a time and a place and I'll hit the mark.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skreemer View Post
                When and where? I was planning on leaving here between 11:30 and noon.

I'd send you a private message but you've run out of space.
                Sorry I will call you when I get done with work.

Comment

That's way to young....RIP Dave. Sounds like a great guy I would have liked meeting him, he certainly touched on more then a few lives just in here.I think the family will be touched by those able to attend and the words spoken about his contributions.

Comment

Only 4 hours from Indianapolis.......if I wasn't covered up in work this week, I'd be there.

I think I'll send some flowers from Tammy, I and from his friends at GSR. I'm a little humbled that Dave spent his last rally with us in Brown Co. and I'm honored to have got to him better that weekend.
                    Larry D
                    1980 GS450S
                    1981 GS450S
                    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I'm going to try to play hookie on Wednesday afternoon and make it over there (only 3.5 hours by slab). I was just in Knoxville yesterday picking my kids up from their grandma.

Steve(s), I'll pm both of you with my contact info later today so we can get hooked up.
                      sigpic

SUZUKI:
                      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

THanks for posting, Steve.

Yes, Dave was a great guy.

Some remeberances of Dave, Painter Dave:

Even with the helmet on, can see that big smile.

At these group ralleys, with 20-30-40 riders in attendance, Dave would volenteer to lead a group, he called it "siteseers group" or something like that. He would walk around amounst the riders and ask if they had a group to ride with and invite them to ride with his group. That impressed me enough that I remembered it, and noticed the same thing the next year.

Other remberances of Dave involve him just making a comment, not really doing a lot to call attention to himself, but just making a comment and causing the entire table of guys to break out laughing.

Dave was a big part of why going to the Brown County GS Rally was such a good expereince.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This has always one of my favorite GS rally photos ever: Dave somewhere in Wisconsin at the 2006 Galena/Fennimore Rally.

Here's a man thoroughly in the moment, enjoying the living heck out of every moment:

(The photographer was Steve/Plasterdog)

Some of the photos Painter Dave took that year:

It was great riding with him. Painter Dave will be missed.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

What I plan to do is to put together a few words of my own and then share parts of this post at the memorial service (as suggested by several people). I agree that it will be appreciated by Dave's family to know how he touched so many people with his spirit, humor, and good cheer...

Regards,

Comment

I heard about this last night and am greatly saddened. Dave was a great, unique individual and I'm happy to say I had the chance to meet him. The only decent thing about his passing is that it was quick. I wish we had known so we could have shared our thoughts and prayers with him before he passed. I'm guessing he didn't want to bring everyone down with his story and kept it to himself. That's the kind of guy he was.

I doubt I can make the service on Wednesday but I'll see what I can do.....

Thanks,
                              Joe
                              IBA# 24077
                              '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                              '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

A few more photos of Dave I found. He was such a genuine, warm guy.

Tim, Dave, and Steve at Fennimore 2007

Dave's bikes were always, uh, unique. He caught me looking closely at the brush marks in the paint on his bike, and explained simply "I'm a HOUSE painter" as contentment radiated from his mustache.
                                Last edited by bwringer; 06-28-2010, 07:51 PM.
                                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                                X