No announcement yet.

Memories of Dave (pntrdave)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still have the fan from the first rally.

Comment

There has been a notice on Facebook today is Dave's Birthday. Hope he got a nice leisurely ride in.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Semper Fi Dave
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

He and I share the same birthday, ten years apart. We got to celebrate it together once, when I was passing through Galesburg on some business.

Semper fi, my friend.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

...and a happy belated to you, Brett! I hope you got a nice ride in for the both of you!

Thinking about you, Dave ... we had a few good times over the years and the GSR rallies will always miss your good humor!

Regards,

Comment

Just a bump to the top and reminder that tomorrow begins the 2nd Annual Dave Davis Memorial Fennimore Rally. RIP Dave, we'll be thinking about you and riding in your memory.

Joe
              IBA# 24077
              '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
              '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I will be remembering as well.

Thank you and have a safe, blast !!!

pmint

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                  I will be remembering as well.

Thank you and have a safe, blast !!!

pmint

these are from the first roaring river rally- i believe it was inmemory of jojo
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Wow Scotty!
                    You made me cry....
                    That's Dave all right...gotta love that perpetual (sp) smile.
                    Wish I could make the run, but, I'll be there in spirit!
                    pmint

Still lovin' ya Dave................

Comment

Wow Scotty!
                      You made me cry....
                      That's Dave all right...gotta love that perpetual (sp) smile.
                      Wish I could make the run, but, I'll be there in spirit!
                      pmint

Still lovin' ya Dave................
                      he stayed at my home for a couple of weeks on 2 separate ocasions. For a man with the problems he had to endure, he was the most up beat guy i ever knew.

Do you remember who these 2 are???

Comment

I believe they are the two we were having the benefit for...JoJo's wife and daughter?
                        I'm not sure...brain trama and all......Brain fart!
                        pmint

Comment

Bump to juggle threads...
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I believe they are the two we were having the benefit for...JoJo's wife and daughter?
                            I'm not sure...brain trama and all......Brain fart!
                            pmint
                            Yes jojo's family. Dineke/Mrs and Anauk/daughter--

the very first misouri rally at roaring river was for jojo--Dave Davis and Mr Pepe did most of the leg work.

Comment

I have such fond memories of Dave and the First Annual GS Rally. I met so many good people there, including you, Dom. and 'Mr. Pepe'...
                              Remember walking out of the resturant...and the good time we had with the policemen that took the call?... Dave was a total riot!
                              It was our first and last physical meeting.
                              Funny how one person can effect so many lives... in one swoop !
                              May he be riding/flying with the Holy Spirit.............pmint
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Every time i pass a local motorcycle shop, i see dave in there pretending to be making time with a female cardbord biker girl.

Yeesh and the cops lol -- im a lot milder now Pmint

Comment

Working...
                                X