GS 850 Gauge cluster .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 850 Gauge cluster .

I have a 1983 GS850 with the dual round spedo/tach instrument cluster. On the speedometer one of two little screws on the face of the gauge has come loose and is rattling inside between the gauge face and the glass. I have the gauge disassembled to the point of having a white inner assembly with the lens and bezel still attached. But I can not figure out how to separate the lens from the gauge itself if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Brett

Originally posted by Brett Jull View Post
    I have a 1983 GS850 with the dual round spedo/tach instrument cluster. On the speedometer one of two little screws on the face of the gauge has come loose and is rattling inside between the gauge face and the glass. I have the gauge disassembled to the point of having a white inner assembly with the lens and bezel still attached. But I can not figure out how to separate the lens from the gauge itself if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Brett
    do a search you either cut it or pry it

I do pry

Comment

Awsome thank you for the info and the pics.

Comment

Hi Mr. Brett Jull,

Here are a couple of pictures from Mr. Nessism. You can carefully pry the bezel with a flat blade screwdriver. Or, once you have it started, use a good pair of needle nose pliers to pry around the bezel. Then use a drift punch to bend it back during reassembly.

The front should be no worse for wear when you're done.

While I'm here, let me give you the 50 cent tour, otherwise known as my "mega-welcome".

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

BassCliff thank you for the info I will be adding more pics and info about the bike when time permits.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your replies I got the problem fixed and the gauge looks no worse for wear. Thanks again this website is a treasure of GS info, and all the members who are willing to help out with whatever the problem is priceless, keep up the great site.

Brett

Comment

Working...
            X