BOM July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOM July

Nice to see such a rare piece of history on the GSResources front page!

Very deserving of BOM!

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. It's one of ten bikes that received an ugly paint job and were given away as a prize. The only reason this one is still around is that it sat in somebodys garage for years.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
        The only reason this one is still around is that it sat in somebodys garage for years.
        I believe that's why, hard to find a bike like that in such condition. not to mention it's specific history.

Comment

The only reason this one is still around is that it sat in somebodys garage for years.
          As opposed to the majority of em sitting in a feild leaned against and old oak tree for 25 years?
          Least someone at some point cared enough about this one to keep it out the eliments.
          Lots of 6700 mile 30 year old Zukes out there.
          Still cant figure out that one.

I like that bike, uglyassed paintjob and all!
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
            As opposed to the majority of em sitting in a feild leaned against and old oak tree for 25 years?
            Least someone at some point cared enough about this one to keep it out the eliments.
            Lots of 6700 mile 30 year old Zukes out there.
            Still cant figure out that one.

I like that bike, uglyassed paintjob and all!
            I'd rather see one that was ridden all this time and kept up. My '83 750 had 6700 miles on it in 1983. It has ten times that on it now. Kept out of the eliments, so what. All it did was sit out of them.... History my....

Comment

History my....
              lol, to each his own.

Comment

How many other Suzuki GS bikes were singled out like this one? Apparently only 9 others. He even has the matching helmet.

I think it's a perfect BOTM.
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I think I saw this bike on eBay not too long ago. Very interesting piece of Suzuki history. I wouldn't seek it out as something I would want but it is interesting.

Comment

I'll say it again, history my....

Comment

first year

After rebuilding a used TS250 in 1975 and learning how to spin the rear tire, control a slide, and do wheelies, I bought the 550 in first year it was available, 1977, with spoked wheels. The water cooled triple 750 was in the show room, and there was a rotary engine bike there too. A friend of mine got the GS750. We were proud owners. I sold the 77 to my brother.

And I got a 1978 550E, but swapped for the original flat seat with my brother. I don't have a picture of the first GS, but found this black and white of the 78 E model. Pretty grainy!

In 1979, I was ready for something much bigger, and had my eye on the new GS850 shaft. Oh man.

I drove the brand spanking new model GS1000 on the same day when I test drove the 850. The salesman told me I really needed the GS1000. I was 20 years old. I drove away on the 850, perfectly happy

Now, I weigh about 50 pounds more, and appreciate a little more torque. That Terry Vance "Sweepstakes" bike is a beaut! Very rare,

VERY GS !!!!
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

You know what they say ...beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Here's some pics to look at. Make sure to check out pics of the genuine paperwork on the last couple of pages.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Does anybody know if Terry Vance's 1979 season Pro Stock race bike still exists somewhere today?

Comment

Originally posted by a990hemi View Post
                          You know what they say ...beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Here's some pics to look at. Make sure to check out pics of the genuine paperwork on the last couple of pages.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Does anybody know if Terry Vance's 1979 season Pro Stock race bike still exists somewhere today?
                          I can appreciate any vintage bike that has original documentation. That sir, is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

I'll say it again, history my....
                            Nobody cares about the history of your... unless it has 'GS1000' tattooed on it .

Very interesting bike.
                            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Interesting. I was going through some old magazines I have and came across the ad for those bikes and the contest. I wondered if any were still around. Son of a gun there is one. Nice

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X