No announcement yet.

BOM July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it...Though the extra large lettering would have to go...

Comment

Originally posted by omaharj View Post
      I can appreciate any vintage bike that has original documentation. That sir, is OUTSTANDING!
      I agree . I'd have it in my shed .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
        I agree . I'd have it in my shed .

Cheers , Simon .
        So would i. After the paint job...
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          Interesting. I was going through some old magazines I have and came across the ad for those bikes and the contest. I wondered if any were still around. Son of a gun there is one. Nice

Mike
          I entered that contest, and thought gee if i win that, I'm gonna need to get it painted...

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            Nobody cares about the history of your... unless it has 'GS1000' tattooed on it .

Very interesting bike.
            The history of my butt is that, it is usually out riding my ONE OWNER since new, enjoyed being ridden out on the road not sitting like a stupid museum piece bike.

Comment

collector material

Yes, it should be ridden, but only occasionally. This Vance sweepstakes bike is a Suzuki GS historical creation. Frankly, the 'bad' paint job is part of its charm. I don't have room or budget for museum pieces, but I am glad someone does, because I like to see them living on with low miles. I've owned bikes that have been stored better than this one though. Look at those pipes The thing should be restored and sold to a true collector. With ten built, it would be well worth the investment.

Want to ride a 1979 GS1000C? Get one of the thousands of plain stock models that were sold everywhere. Most of us can't afford this one anyway (even with the exhaust damage!).

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                So would i. After the paint job...
                And chop that uglyassed rear end off and replace with a cafe tail.
                Werd!
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by endlessGSgeek View Post
                  Yes, it should be ridden, but only occasionally. This Vance sweepstakes bike is a Suzuki GS historical creation. Frankly, the 'bad' paint job is part of its charm. I don't have room or budget for museum pieces, but I am glad someone does, because I like to see them living on with low miles. I've owned bikes that have been stored better than this one though. Look at those pipes The thing should be restored and sold to a true collector. With ten built, it would be well worth the investment.

Want to ride a 1979 GS1000C? Get one of the thousands of plain stock models that were sold everywhere. Most of us can't afford this one anyway (even with the exhaust damage!).
                  I'll agree that the head pipes could be replated since the bluing and light rust peppering is an eyesore, albeit a testament to the fact that it was ridden. All of the other finishes on the bike are in preserved as deliverd from Suzuki condition. I must however disagree with completely restoring such a time capsule. A vehicle is only original once and loses many of it's authentic fingerprints when restored. This TV bike should remain in it's original untouched condition in order to serve as a reference for future Suzuki restorers.

Comment

Originally posted by a990hemi View Post
                    I'll agree that the head pipes could be replated since the bluing and light rust peppering is an eyesore, albeit a testament to the fact that it was ridden. All of the other finishes on the bike are in preserved as deliverd from Suzuki condition. I must however disagree with completely restoring such a time capsule. A vehicle is only original once and loses many of it's authentic fingerprints when restored. This TV bike should remain in it's original untouched condition in order to serve as a reference for future Suzuki restorers.
                    I am really talking about a thorough cleaning and touch up style restoration. One of the problems with rust or pitting type rust is that it provides a pathway for more damage. The paint can be managed with protective finish without changing or repainting of course (cleaning and waxing). Nothing invasive. Plastic treatment can help protect things like side covers (inside surface). I wouldn't do anything before consulting with restoration experts.

Comment

Working...
                    X