Blinkers lose power when started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinkers lose power when started

2 weeks ago my flasher relay went bad and I purchase a new one off ebay. When I received the new one last Tuesday and plugged it in (It also didn't work). But out of a fluke, I wired an led in and it did work with that. So I just got done wiring in LED's and everything was working when the key was turned on. Now here's where it get weird for me. Once I got the engine running, they didn't work. The started working a few times on my test ride but not for long. And once the engine wasn't running again, the flashed dimmely for a second and then were blinking normally. I honestly don't know where to go from here, any ideas.

I did wire in a different brake light and also a different headlight recently (Could that be causing the problem?)

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. tracker797,

First a few questions. What bike? What flasher? How many incandescent bulbs did you replace with LEDs? Are you sure all the connections are solid? As well as the ground connections on the blinker stalks?

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X