Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wazz went down (Remembering Tina Wasserott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just landed in China so I hope I haven't screwed up dates etc but Greg just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you on this difficult day.

All the best, hope we get a chance to spend a bit more time next time I see you!

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      I just landed in China so I hope I haven't screwed up dates etc but Greg just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you on this difficult day.

All the best, hope we get a chance to spend a bit more time next time I see you!

Dan
      Dan,

You got it right. Today, Monday, July 18th is the one year anniversary of Tina's passing. It seems like a lifetime ago yet also seems like just yesterday. It was one of the worst days of my life.

Cathy and I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to get to know Tina. She is loved and sorely missed.

Greg, I know this will be a very difficult day for you but please remember you have the love and support of your GSR family if you need it....

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

It was our privilege to know and ride with Tina...and we miss her.

Greg...you will be in our thoughts today.
        Last edited by Baatfam; 07-18-2011, 08:43 AM.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          Dan,

You got it right. Today, Monday, July 18th is the one year anniversary of Tina's passing. It seems like a lifetime ago yet also seems like just yesterday. It was one of the worst days of my life.

Cathy and I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to get to know Tina. She is loved and sorely missed.

Greg, I know this will be a very difficult day for you but please remember you have the love and support of your GSR family if you need it....

Joe
          Greg, as always, you and Tina are in mine and Rose's thoughts. We will have a glass of chocolate milk in her honor.
          Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          It was our privilege to know and ride with Tina...and we miss her.

Greg...you will be in our thoughts today.

Comment

In our thoughts too Greg.

Mike and Gina.

Comment

Hi Wazz,

Hard to believe a year has passed already. Still hard to believe she is gone.

You honor her with your strength and how you take care of your family.

Her memory is with me whenever I ride.

I raise a glass of chocolate milk to toast her life and yours.
              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Not much for words... but this is on my mind today. Ride safe in Tina's honor, y'all.

~Adam

Comment

Thinking about you and missing Tina on this difficult day, Greg ... I'll have a chocolate milk on her behalf, and smile thinking about the great times that accompanied every refreshing sip!

Peace, Brother...

Comment

Here is to sharing pictures and stories and about our kids and to deliberating which ones drank more milk. Great memories will always transcend.

Jon
                    16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
                    13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
                    78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
                    Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
                    02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
                    12 Aprilia Shiver 750
                    82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

I also cannot believe that it has been a year.

Although I never really had a chance to get to know Tina, I can say that Greg certainly has been an inspiration to me. The last time we met at Joe's, he spoke of staying true to himself and to Tina in the sense that he wasn't going to swear off riding, because she enjoyed it even more than he did.

I felt that Greg's statement was powerful and cool; something to defintely remember.

Comment

Add me to the list...

I'll hoist a chocolate milk tonight before bed, and join you all in thinking of Tina, Greg, and the whole Wazz family.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Greg, this day will be on my mind, Tina will be missed she was a lovely person. I am glad I was able to spend time with you in Reno.
                          You friend,
                          Ryan
                          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                          82 Kat 1000 Project
                          05 CRF450x
                          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

We are thinking about you both and wish you the very best!

Comment

Thank You for the well wishes and thinking of our family, it is deeply appreciated.

I know Tina would be humbled and sincerely touched by the love and support that comes from our GS family.

It has been a year of tears, pain and coming to terms of life without her. Unbearable at times, but we carry on, sometimes going thru the motions as if on auto-pilot.
                              The kids are doing well and continue to make Tina proud at every opportunity.

We have made an effort NOT to give power to the day we lost Tina, instead we focus on her life and love.
                              "You can close your eyes and pray she'll come back or you can open them and see all she's left" , this helps us move forward and make her proud.

When the subject comes up, I have said many times, when I ride I feel close to her.
                              I wear her cross and wedding ring whenever I ride,and still reach back to pat her leg like I've always done.
                              Corny, maybe...but I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I also feel if I were to suddenly give up riding, our life together would have been a lie. Not sure if that makes sense, but it was something we shared and enjoyed.
                              Tina may have enjoyed riding even more than I do. She was always ready to go and was a real trooper regardless of conditions. An adventurer at heart for sure....

Sorry to be long-winded, but I wanted to say "Thank You" again for the love and support, phone calls and emails.... Please know, our healing has been greatly helped by you.

Thank You
                              -greg
                              Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

You and Tina were on my mind yesterday but words to post failed me. I agree about not giving any date power to affect living your life, keep moving forward one day at a time.
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X