Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbtune on GS 550e

Hi.

I'm just double checking on this. But I hooked up my carbtune for the first time and I cannot seem to get any vacume to get a reading.

I read in the manual that some bikes don't work unless you turn the unit upside down.

Is this right? Does anyone have any expirence with a 550 and carbtune. My instincts tell me I'm doing something wrong. I cannot seem to make any kind of adjustment that effects the readings.

I figured it out! I hooked up the carbtune again and it still did not register as having any vacuum. I unscrewed the idle screw (not the mixture screw) and after a few turns it suddenly jumped up. I was able then to sync my carbs.

I dont think you can get much closer that this. See pic

It now runs great..very smooth and idles perfectly. Idle mixture screws out 3 turns. I may just buy color tune now as well. We will see.

Now can someone tell me why my bike was all screwed up just because the idle screw was way too tight? You would think it would just idle way too high..but it seems if you turn it in too far it just idles all over the place.

Comment

Good deal

If you get the colortune, let me know what you think. I have been eyeing one myself

Comment

Working...
      X