No announcement yet.

$300 77 GS750 Stock to Bobber style build in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great, im doing something similar on my 80 550 l ,where did you get the seat?

Comment

wrap just the header section, anything more is just waste. Did you grind down to bare metal? Then you could sand it up to 600 grit, then #00 steel wool followed by #0000 lubricating with WD40. Sand axially to get a nice haze finish, maybe with some aluminum polishing compound to get more shine.

That bike would look killer with White exhaust wrap!

Comment

Originally posted by Mop Bucket View Post
        How does it feel to ride without a front brake?
        just takes a lil getting used too. i look through the windshields of cars in front of me that way i can see their brake lights before i see the brake lights of the car im right behind. no big deal i think, looks>function

Originally posted by redding550 View Post
        looks great, im doing something similar on my 80 550 l ,where did you get the seat?
        when i bought the bike i told the guy what my plans were and he had an old honda he was planning on bobbering, but it was buried in the corner of his garage covered in dust and cobwebs, so i threw him $10 for it worked out perfect, the screws fit right inbetween the framerails, as if it was built for the GS

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
          wrap just the header section, anything more is just waste. Did you grind down to bare metal? Then you could sand it up to 600 grit, then #00 steel wool followed by #0000 lubricating with WD40. Sand axially to get a nice haze finish, maybe with some aluminum polishing compound to get more shine.

That bike would look killer with White exhaust wrap!
          white is my plan, but im kinda iffy because of not handing fenders and getting road grime splashed on it, i dont want it to get very dirty, you i used a grinder and just went at it. i plan on painting it black before i wrap it.

Comment

Originally posted by cbbjoemama View Post
            white is my plan, but im kinda iffy because of not handing fenders and getting road grime splashed on it, i dont want it to get very dirty, you i used a grinder and just went at it. i plan on painting it black before i wrap it.
            The white usually does get the most dirty but that's the hot rod look- a crusty, yellowed white wrap. As long as you don't ride it in the rain you should be fine. Are you planning on wrapping the mufflers? That would be hard to do especially on those slash cuts. Maybe you can find images on Google to see if it's possible?

Comment

this looks badass, guess ill paint it black with my hightemp semigloss, then wrap it right up to the slant like this nighster (my dream bobber)

How long of a roll and what width? i saw on amazon.com 50foot white at 2" width for $20. ill need the clamps too

Comment

That bike is sick. Loving that white color turned ratty. Use this header wrap length calculator:

Breakdown? Meltdown? 404 error? Try visiting our home page, www.heatshieldproducts.com

I'm in Europe right now (Czech Republic) and I haven't seen too many bikes. Many small displacement motorcycles, which are interesting to see locked up at the bike racks, but I miss the motorcycles back home

Comment

Working...
                X