No announcement yet.

$300 77 GS750 Stock to Bobber style build in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just buy a jet kit. It's well worth the 100 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 67camaro View Post
      just buy a jet kit. It's well worth the 100 bucks.
      so are main jets threads all the same from carb to carb, i was looking for mikuni specific jets

Comment

Joe,

Go to www.Z1Enterprises.com for main jets. There aren't any jet kits available for the 8valve motors I believe. I'm running 125 main jets, needles raised two notches on my VM26ss carbs ('79 gs750L).

I got my air pods from APE (american performance engineering), they aren't listed for the suzuki GS but for the Kawasaki KZ series because they share the same VM26SS carbs. Best thing is they only cost $60, which is an excellent price compared to K&N. You would want to get the K&N recharge kit from Z1E though.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
          Joe,

Go to www.Z1Enterprises.com for main jets. There aren't any jet kits available for the 8valve motors I believe. I'm running 125 main jets, needles raised two notches on my VM26ss carbs ('79 gs750L).

I got my air pods from APE (american performance engineering), they aren't listed for the suzuki GS but for the Kawasaki KZ series because they share the same VM26SS carbs. Best thing is they only cost $60, which is an excellent price compared to K&N. You would want to get the K&N recharge kit from Z1E though.
          that ape website makes me drool! do you happen to know what size my carb intake is? 42mm? think my bike is a GS750(b)

Comment

get the 42mm.

Comment

Well heres a little update. Got the rear wheel and braking system completed, and back on, just about every spot on the bike has been prepped and painted.

Front wheel still needs done right, I had a buddy do it while I was at work, I dont really like the flat black wheel, at least not the walmart spraycan flatblack, looks like gray...

Her she is with the tank on and the seat unmounted, My dad restores buses, so he hooked me up with a bunch of LED tailights, I have 2 oblong ones that fit perfect between the frame rails under/behind the seat

Heres my last years ride, had to let it go because of some unexpected bills, sad to see her go. it is an 2002 Honda F4i, completely stunt'd out, I still have the rear handbrake setup from this bike so I might use it as an extra brake on the GS

Comment

here she is before the tail light install, I havent cleaned the exhaust yet, or the kickstand, think the mufflers are just temporary, until i find a 4-1 or something that looks better

Here is after the install and the new battery too under seat is brake only and on caliper is running light and brake

This is how i get my front wheel off, center stand and a tiedown to the rafters, front is painted just drying in front of the shoplights, also painted the straight bars yesterday, gonna put it back together tonight now that everything is dryed, plates on thurday or friday i believe, so i should have a new ride to work this weekend..also put the airbox back on until i can figure out where and what main jets i need for a pod install

Any input on appearence would greatly be appreciated I havent had many responses since i added new pics
                Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbbjoemama View Post
                  where is the best place to purchase jets...

i was reading a bit about running pods looks to be 3 or 4 sizes up on the main jet then getting the mix screw in the right spot...

so what are the sizes if im 3-4 sizes up...i think when i cleaned them i read that they were size 100?

does that sound correct?

so + 12-15% or 3-4 zies up would be 112? or 115? something like that?

figured id buy a few jets around the same size
                  Sudco is where I get them. I needed new #120 mains for my GS1000S. Ordered them from Sudco out in California one afternoon this summer and had them in hand in eastern Tennessee by lunchtime the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Sudco is where I get them. I needed new #120 mains for my GS1000S. Ordered them from Sudco out in California one afternoon this summer and had them in hand in eastern Tennessee by lunchtime the next day.
                    Since I have a 750, do you happen to know what size I would bump up to? I think I saw on a specs sheet that the stock jet is a 105 for my bike.

I might have to ask the carb forum, Its running better now that I have the airbox back on, but It had a bit more seat of the pants power without it on, just stumbled a lot.

Comment

Well shes pretty much done, the rest of the stuff id like to do would just be additions (or should i say subtraction lol) Id like to rigid struts, risers so i can lower front, get new headlight, then do a rejet for pods, maybe get a VnH 4-1 and do exhaust wrap, maybe a whitewall front, I cant find anyone who has the stock sizes.

Input would be appreciated

Comment

Since I have a 750, do you happen to know what size I would bump up to? I think I saw on a specs sheet that the stock jet is a 105 for my bike.

I might have to ask the carb forum, Its running better now that I have the airbox back on, but It had a bit more seat of the pants power without it on, just stumbled a lot.
                        125 Main jets seem to be the popular pick amongst the 77-79 750 crowd here. Might want to pick up some 127.5's as well just in case.

Comment

Well shes pretty much done, the rest of the stuff id like to do would just be additions (or should i say subtraction lol) Id like to rigid struts, risers so i can lower front, get new headlight, then do a rejet for pods, maybe get a VnH 4-1 and do exhaust wrap, maybe a whitewall front, I cant find anyone who has the stock sizes.

Input would be appreciated

try Coker tire for whitewalls, Licks Cycles for a smaller headlight (eBay would be cheaper), and you can just lower the forks in the triple trees so long as you're not going over an inch or two, then it would change the steering geometry too much.

Comment

Got her legal and she running good, today is her first full tank, bars are killing my muscle in my thumb/palm.

I cut the exhaust right after the passenger peg mount at a 45 degreeish angle and took a angle grider to the rust and made a semi polished/bare metal grind look on the rear exhaust section. Awaiting wrap for headers

should i wrap all the to the slant cut or what?

Comment

How does it feel to ride without a front brake?

Comment

Originally posted by Mop Bucket View Post
                                How does it feel to ride without a front brake?
                                I ride with no front brake also, a big heavy rigid shovelhead. just takes a little getting used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X