No announcement yet.

Ummm Help? (I know very specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I genuinely appreciate it but it'll be at least a week or so until I even know where i'm going to be. I know I'm hitting Denver for parts and possible assistance but beyond that I'm kinda drifting without a set direction until I hit San Diego. Mayhaps when I get closer to that destination I would be happy to take you up on your offer

Comment

" drifting without a set direction "- I can ALMOST remember those days!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

So I'm on the road at a truck stop, done about 160 miles or so. Slightly concerned because unless I'm mistaken it seems as though I'm only getting about 30 mpg at the moment... There is a 20-30 mile headwind and I am running full saddlebag plus two bags but would that drop my
        Mpg that much? I'll check in the next couple fuel stops. Oh and I am on the highway, keeping with traffic and limit is 70 mph. Don't know exact spied cause speedo died on me.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hi,

A loaded bike, into a headwind, traveling at 5000+ rpm freeway speeds, my bike goes from 40+ mpg to less than 35 mpg.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yeah, what Basscliff said! You're a big plow. Besides the gas tank on this model is TOO small- don't worry about mileage, just get to Denver.
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

80 miles to go bike still feels strong, when I reach Denver I'll pull the Plugs etc and see how things look etc.

Comment

Working...
              X