No announcement yet.

Today is the worst day in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear of your loss Josh, hope things will get better for you and your family.
    -Emmet

Comment

Sorry I'm a little late on sending my condolences...wish you guys the best in your tough time.

~Adam

Comment

I am truly sorry for your loss.... I DO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH !!!! Last Month I lost both my Mother and Father within 3 days of each other! I can't express my feelings other to say I miss them so very much. They were married 58 years !! Me and my Dad (Robert B Roberts) or known as Cheif or Bob were sooo close! I moved out to N.H. approx 4+ years ago after living in S.D. Ca. all my life! That was the hardest thing I every did knowing that my parents were getting up there in age have starting to have health issues! My Dad and I always talked about how to fix this or that on my GS and loved the fact that I brought it back to life. Loved the fact that the Motor is still a focal point !!

My best memories as a kid were when he taught me how to ride my first motorcycle 175 F7 Kaw .. He would sit me on the seat/tank and make me put my hands over his to feel the clutch and gas even when I couldn't reach the shifter and brake... The stories of past bikes he had and places he went.. To this day I regret no being able to take a serious long ride with him. Every time I ride he rides with me in sprit!

My Mom (Gayebriela) was most lovible and caring person you could ever know... She always worried about me when I rode but new how much I loved it and always accepted it.

I'm sorry I got off the subject.. I haven't talked about it since and I'm haveing a difficult time dealing with it. I still have to go back out to California and deal with the estate and all that comes with it. Walking out to my dads garage and seeing all his tools/projects/notes he use to leave me is just heart wrenching to say the least.

Now I have no one to call and talk too !!! My older sister is the greatest and has to deal with going over there 2-3 times a week... It's like they both just went on vacation! My sister keeps telling me I can come back and stay / live in the house but thats all it is now !! It's not a home !!

I'm still looking to go on a ride somewhere in the mountains close by and scatter a portion of my Fathers ashes ! He was a Cheif Engineer on Tuna boats and various other large vessels and requested NOT haveing his remains scattered over the sea ; telling us he spent too many years away from his family and instead requested the mountains !!! Anyway to make a LONG story short my loss/greif/sorrow/and countless other words can't explain how much I miss them and Loved them. God Bless

If anyones up for a Ride let me know !!!!

Comment

My heart goes out to you also Rkt-Rch.
          They never promised us a rose garden, but loosing your parents is rough.
          My prayers and good thoughts to all who have losses...Especially the 'fresh losses'...
          pmint

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the condolances.

The last three or so weeks has been pretty full, keeping me occupied quite nicely. Our own Simon Kuether and his wonderful wife Deb were in from Australia and stayed with Rose and I most of the time they were here. It was a great time, and they are great people. I had pleanty of laughs, which did my mind well. I took em to the airport this morning and saw them off (not with a saw mind you) and Rose and I (and Im pretty sure everyone else that came into contact with them) are looking forward with great anticipation to their return sometime late next spring. Probably around the BC Rally, and hopefully, *ahem* Adam *ahem* in time to ride the SE Rally too. I came home to a quiet house (Rose was still in bed, they had to be there at 5AM) and realized that I was going to miss their company more than I realized. I think Rose will miss them quite alot too, as some how, she became their adopted daughter...much to my dismay as I went from being Simon's mate to the guy that was sleeping with his daughter Hah!

My sleep pattern has started to return to semi normal (not that I HAVE a normal sleep pattern to begin with, but Im getting some now) and, while it's still tough for me to sit and think about, I dont find myself having to do everything in the world possible to keep my mind off it. I guess thats how its supposed to go. Im quite sure the holidays may be a bit rough this year, but we'll manage...

Anyway, Thanks again everyone, your support has been very uplifting in a difficult time, and the help extended by so many on here to my step dad is more than I have words for. Rose has been sweet enough to keep a list of everyone that contributed, and hopefully i can get some thanks out to all of you myself.

Thanks again everyone, be safe, and we'll see a lot of you soon enough

TCK

Comment

Originally posted by Rkt-Rch View Post
              I'm still looking to go on a ride somewhere in the mountains close by and scatter a portion of my Fathers ashes ! He was a Cheif Engineer on Tuna boats and various other large vessels and requested NOT haveing his remains scattered over the sea ; telling us he spent too many years away from his family and instead requested the mountains !!! Anyway to make a LONG story short my loss/greif/sorrow/and countless other words can't explain how much I miss them and Loved them. God Bless

If anyones up for a Ride let me know !!!!
              Being that you live in New Hampshire now, take a ride up Mt. Washington before the snow starts flying. Find yourself a secluded spot on top and give your dad the thing he requested, a mountain home. It's a beautiful spot and you may just love it yourself.

As for your parents, somehow I am betting that they knew that you loved them. My God give you the comfort you seek in dealing with this.

-- Frank --

Comment

RKT,

That's really rough losing both parents so close together. It took me months to get over the loss of each of mine, I'm not sure I could bear losing both in such a short span of time. I had moved away for about 12 years and in that time my Mom passed. I feel a bit of guilt not being closer to home when it happened. Just know that their love for you was unconditional and they are still there to talk to. I'm sure you know how they would have responded, their guidance will always be there for you.

I think Frank had a wonderful idea. Spreading his ashes close to where you can visit would be a good thing.

Take care,
                Billy

Comment

Thanks everyone !! I do need to get up to Mt. Washington area and give peace to my Father...

Comment

Just BELIEVE... that is all that is asked of you. It's what God asks of us.
                    Peace be with you. You've found family here.
                    pmint

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post
                      Sorry I'm a little late on sending my condolences...wish you guys the best in your tough time.

~Adam
                      Didn't you have a bad crash many years ago? Adam is that you?
                      So good to know you are still with us!
                      Love ya,
                      pmint

Comment

I havnt been on here in a while and came across your post. I am the same age, 57 and my mother passed 12 years ago. Your story reminds me of mine and my relationship with my mom. I hadnt seen her in over a year and then when i did she was sick and dying. I was the oldest and she always resented/blamed my wife for me leaving home so young. I sit here thinking about how many times I could have gone by from work and gave her a hug and told her I loved her. Lots of regrets. I still miss her just as much today as 12 years ago. I see that your mom passed in October so I am hoping that you and your family are better now.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU IN PEACE.

Comment

Working...
                        X