No announcement yet.

Today is the worst day in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear of your loss. Lean on each other in these tough times.
    It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

Been there pal .. I know it hurts ..

We are here for you.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, Josh, but thanks for sharing it. Often it's best to let your thoughts and emotions flow rather than keeping them to yourself. To that end, we are all here should you feel the need to say anything more.

I wish you and your family peace and strength during this difficult time.

Very Sincerely,
        Steve

Comment

My condolences to you and yours. As stated earlier, 57 isn't long enough.

When my Dad passed, it helped me to think of something about him that made me laugh/happy whenever I felt a little mope coming on.

Stick in there Josh, and remember you will always have family here at the GSR who love and support you.

Comment

Condolences to you and your family.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. You can still talk to her, she'll listen and you'll feel better too.

Comment

My heart goes out to you Josh. Hang in there, man.
                I've found you don't really get over it, just learn to deal with it.

I lost my mom this past May. I knew it was coming, but it was no easier.
                I was with her for her last breath and I just about died of grief myself.

Comment

You're in company…

It's the worst day for everybody…
                  My condolence for the early loss of your mother.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Josh and our precious Rose..I read this with much pain and yes i cried as i read. I lost my mom at the thanksgiving dinner table in 1986 ( she was 43 ) to a anurrism noone knew she had. she was talking and laughing and it was like someone just shut off the switch. Me, being a certified combat medic, did all i could instinctively and like on auto pilot..but to no avail. I was lost to drugs and alcohol for nearly 7 years after that because i just couldnt deal with that. I am sorry for the pain that you and yours are dealing with right now. Also as i read i heard in your writing how grateful and blessed you are. The relationship with your mom and stepdad being better, Rose being finally accepted in as her own, your brothers growth and love, the spirit of love and family you relayed resounds volumes about you, Rose, Joe, and Poppy.. We as a GS family pull together in such hard times as we all well know. I have never seen you face to face but still i feel a kinship and when one of my brothers hurt it hurts here too. My best wishes and most sincere love is sent to your family ..Love,,Chuck.
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Josh

Sorry to hear about your loss Bro. We all gotta go sometime but at that age it must be a shock. My thoughts are with you.

Jim

Comment

So sorry to hear it man, thoughts be with you

Comment

Such terrible news Josh. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Though my mom had a good long life, living to be 84, the morning I got the call that she had suffered a massive stroke still seems like a bad dream. I don't think there is anything you can experience that is worse than losing your mother. I'm sure losing a child is far worse, just something I'll never experience.

Take care and hang in there.

Comment

Tough read

What a heart-felt and honest recalling of something that shakes one to the soles of the feet. My relationship with my mother paralleled yours to an extent that had me remembering more than I wanted to. In my case, I had full-time care of my mother for over 6 years, with very little help from my siblings, and I, too was with her at the end, and the whole scene replays in my mind from time to time. I still have dreams of her, and in them the intensity of the notion that I've not attended to her needs for a while wakes me up in a daze. I went to the summer cottage she loved so much, and watched the ferry boat go by that carried her back to the mainland, and sobbed hysterically that I was so sorry for all the resentment and anger I felt for being the position I had been in for so long, taking care of her. She was a difficult, demanding patient nearly throughout, but she was still my mother, and some of the gifts she had given me through my birth are still much appreciated on reflection. Yeah, Josh, your grief and sense of helplessness in the face of one of lifes' certainties, are shared here fully.Take it easy on your next bike ride, and try not to dwell on what's happened too much at that time, just enjoy the fact that you can ride, and that the rest of us are with you. You are fortunate to have Rose by your side, treasure that, for sure.-Ken
                            sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
                            '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
                            '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
                            '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
                            '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
                            '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
                            '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
                            '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
                            '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
                            '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Josh we're privileged that you should share so much of yourself in this. We're family and here for you as much as we can be. It sounds like you had some real healing going on in your family, and there are some strong bonds there. I guess I just don't have words, I pray for healing for all of you.
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Josh, I am very sorry for your loss & ask that you would just lean on God through all of this, HE is there for you & I will be praying for your family. Again, I am sorry for your loss. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X