Today is the worst day in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh,
    I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope that your pain eases soon my friend.
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Comment

Josh,
      So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.
      I lost my Dad, and best friend this past June.

Take care of yourself and family. Tough to do, but try.
      My family has always been close, so for us we're always around
      and there for each other.

And you really need to let things out. I found this worked for me.
      Not venting, but just being able to talk about it.
      I find some memory every day of my Dad.
      I even got a set of wings tatoo'd on my left forearm for him.

I miss him every day.......

Wish you the best
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        I don't know why I'm posting this. My own way of getting it off my chest, or coping. I'm not generally an overly emotional person so I guess it is what it is.

Rest in Peace mom. I love you and I always will. We will see eachother again some day.

Deborah Leisten Seale
        14 November 1953- 1 September 2010.

Please accept my deepest sympathy and condolences for your loss.

No one can know and share the grief you are going through as it is deeply personal and unique. But, you should know you have support, you are not alone as you grieve and we are here for you.

My own mother passed away, also at an early age from health problems, right after I had graduated from high school. I can imagine your pain.

Know that the entire GSR community is with your family in this sad time.

May your mother's memory be a blessing to all and for all time.

Sincerely,

Comment

I am truly sorry for your loss.
          I lost my Mom at 18 and my Dad four years later.
          That was 38 years ago as I'm 57 now.
          Initially all I tried to do was make it through the
          next day, and as time went on, things did get better.

As you go through this challenging period I believe
          things will get better for you also as the days go by.

You have our thoughts and prayers,
          Steve
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Josh, I am sorry for your loss. It is tough to lose a family member and even tougher when you don't get to say goodbye. It's sounds like at least you had made peace with her which is important. I'll be praying for you.

Comment

Josh,

Just now seeing this.

My sympathies for you and your family.

Was reading your original posting (with several pauses) and thinking how great it is that you are talking and expressing yourself.

And you said
              Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              " ...
              ..... I really don't know how I feel now...
              and thought that one major thing would be that a persons relationship with parent changes over the years, and when a parent dies (especailly if somewhat unexpected) that it has just ended at where ever it was at that time.
              And elsewhere in your post(s) that is pretty much what you said.
              You can be comforted in that your relationship with her had been improveing (even if you were expecting further improvement).

Your sadness and sorrow now is related to the love that you have. The sadness and the love will remain, but the love wins out in the long term.

Impressive how you say that you and your brother and Poppy are taking turns supporting each other.

Josh, Prayers and thought are with you guys.

Dave

PS: Your mothers birthdate and mine are within a couple days of one year apart.
              Last edited by Redman; 09-03-2010, 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I've read this thread from it's beginning, even if I did see it a day late.
                The Catholic Church taught me that it takes three days for the soul to leave the body.
                (Hence: "On the third day He rose again from the Dead...") so maybe take some time today, alone, to let her know how you feel.
                Go somewhere where you can talk out loud. Mom is still with you Buddy, and she'll be there to watch over you in the future.
                You now have a new door to the astral plane.

Anyway,I really wanted to state how proud I am of our GSR Family...
                You people are absolutely 'off the charts' !!! I'm proud of every single one of you, and you are all in my prayers.
                GBWY - God Be With You...
                Nutty Gramma Peppermint

Comment

My family and I will pray for you and your family. Keep your head up and on straight. To me, family is more important than anything else. In the long run it is the only thing that stays constant, through thick and thin.

Comment

Originally posted by CR_GS_450 View Post
                    My family and I will pray for you and your family. Keep your head up and on straight. To me, family is more important than anything else. In the long run it is the only thing that stays constant, through thick and thin.
                    Family is the rock. So many people have no sense of family these days. Those of you who have strained relationships with family should try to repair it. Everyone, all of society, is better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                      Family is the rock. So many people have no sense of family these days. Those of you who have strained relationships with family should try to repair it. Everyone, all of society, is better for it.

Here, Here !!! About one of the wisest things I've ever heard on this forum!.....Bless You........pmint

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                        Here, Here !!! About one of the wisest things I've ever heard on this forum!.....Bless You........pmint
                        Thanks sis'.

Comment

Ive been gone a couple days and just came back to see this news. Im sorry for your loss. I read all the posts and Im glad you have Roses shoulder and the virtual shoulder of the GSR family. Hang in there and cherish the good memories....
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                            Thanks sis'.
                            You are more than welcome Bro... This forum has been a God-send for me sometimes.
                            pmint

Comment

Josh,
                              I am truly sorry for your loss from the bottom of my heart.
                              Keep your head up buddy!
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

We are all keeping an eye on this thread... Its good to see you replying... Today was my Mom's birthday........... Keep talking to us buddy...
                                Curt
                                sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Working...
                                X