1983 GS750E Project Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supertrapp centerstand bits

HI, nice job on the bike. 8 years ago I was searching for a supertrapp exhaust on ebay for my canadian 84 gs750E. I found both pieces, (chrome header, and black canister) brand new still in boxes from 2 different online shops. I removed my center stand 21 years ago i still have the center stand retention bits and pieces and the instructions that came with it... they are yours if you want them.
    I had the same probs with my bike. it sat for a while. then I repainted the bike. the petcock fouled up. (probably body shop dust.)
    I rebuilt it.. it leaked. had my carbs gone thru, thinking that was the problem. Still leaked. fuel out of the air box. filled my crankcase with gas.
    Expensive oil changed with motul......
    I ended up just putting in a new petcock and it purrs.
    23,000 km
    Shes the grandmother to my b-king.
    She might need a hip replacment so im gonna put a set of gsxr forks on her, and she needs some new shoes, so the gsxr wheels and radial tires will be next. Maybe a lithium 12V battery for the pacemaker . lol

Comment

Came by to check on your progress Patman,

i like the way you describe what you are doing, my english is a bit bad to express myself as good, it s interesting to read you.

that s just scary how unforgivable the carbs are!
      i am glad i take every part in piece before putting everything back together, although i have to admit sometimes i am a bit overwhelmed because i have the engine open, the carbs still is pieces in a box, ahah.

i like your new mirros btw!

Comment

Thanks Etcheberri! I'm at a standstill for the time being. It's running rough so I will probably take the carbs out again and go over everything. I had 1 carb (I think #3) that I couldn't get the jet out, I might replace the body with my spare. I haven't been able to get the carb boots off to change the o-rings as all the screws are stuck and now stripped. I can't get my impact driver in because there is not enough room. I haven't given up, just frustrated!

My plan is to have it ready by next summer but I don't have much spare time to work on it as I'm finishing a university degree and working full time.

I got the mirrors from ebay really sheap, like 20 bucks shipped, came from China!

Comment

i had some stripped screws problem with my carbs too, i used a drill bit they sell at Canadian Tire .

http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/...ws/reviews.htm

once you used it once or twice you get easily good with that drill bit.
          one side makes a hole, the other bites in and takes the screw out.
          because it works inside the screw you do not have diameter problems.

NB! USE your drill in reverse! :P
          and use a slight angle of attack with the extractor side.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X