No announcement yet.

1983 GS750E Project Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bike Kingofvenus, that's a big diet to lose 40 to 50 lbs Billy Ricks! My first concern is to get it running. Not sure of bike's history, PO only had it for 2 months.

Yeah Sooke, I won't have to paint the white one, just strip and paint the white windscreen to put on the red bike. I'm going to pull the carbs out tomorrow, just got my O-ring kit! Sooke, I'm going to try the Pinesol soak, will let you know how it went! I need to put oil in it to, PO told me it's empty and no filter either. Bought some 15W40 Diesel oil after reading the forums here.

Comment

Did some work today, got the carbs out, changed oil and filter, removed fairing, replaced some missing cosmetics.

Comment

Comment

The factory exhaust was rusting and had lots of holes. Sandblasted it and then welded it back together.

Comment

Does the parts bike have an igniter??

Comment

I have a soft spot for these 750/700's. Especially as my 84 Katana is basically the same thing, only dressed in Kat's clothes. Great bikes and underrated, in my opinion.....
              Will be watching with interest!

Comment

Got some more work done today.

All the wiring was apart from PO, I mean every single wire disconnected, some were broken, some were cut!. Had to re-wire and scavenge lots of parts off the white GS. The white one is looking more and more like a parts bike now!! Got the red one to turn over today, good sign. Next week, carbs will go back in and hopefully a test fire.

I need a choke cable, some more wire for the rear signals, an electronic flasher for my new LED signals, front fork seals and a chain - not too much!

Pics will follow!

Comment

Pics as promised:

SuperTrapp Pipe is going to be sandblasted

LED Turn Signals

LED Front Signals

Comment

Here's my Supertrapp exhaust all sandblasted, painted and installed.

Another view

Comment

The only negative was having to remove the centerstand. The right side spring was interfering with the connection for the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        The only negative was having to remove the centerstand. The right side spring was interfering with the connection for the pipe.
                        Mine came with a U bolt with a washer welded on it to relocate the right side spring to the left side.Will post a pic.

Comment

And here it is:

Rather not lose the stand,this does the job

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                            And here it is:

Rather not lose the stand,this does the job

That's a good idea, I will have to look into modding it.

Comment

Got some more work done today. The carbs are in!!!! What a PITA! It was cold in my garage and I was having a hard time getting the carbs into the boots. Put a little WD40 and used a heat gun to warm them up and finally got them on. Airbox is back together, battery is in. I am getting closer to the first startup. I have some more wiring to finish up and some more reassembly before that.

Comment

Click on my link and you can here what yours will sound like (pretty much) only mine is a 700cc but has the supertrap exhaust and should shound close to the same. I just recently put in 12 diffuzer discs and end cap and it did make for a smother ride but still haveing the punch when needed.

If you you take a look at my pictures you to will believe you can bring HER back to life !!! It's looking good so far...

Comment

Working...
                                X