2-Cylinder Photos - Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As we now have a twin in the "family" here it is

86 Canadian GS400S,going to be my wife's first bike.Lucky girl!

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
      As we now have a twin in the "family" here it is

86 Canadian GS400S,going to be my wife's first bike.Lucky girl!
      She is indeed! And I'm still jealous of your case savers...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Looks exactly like my bike, just a larger engine. Wish mine was a 400.

The girlfriends old man is a retired metal fabricator, he has a pipe bender too. I wouldn't mind some case savers....

Comment

Hmmmm... that could be a handy combination...

I've still to visit a wrecker to look for things like a different seat pan and stuff, so I plan on checking the case saver situation while I'm at it.
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Let me revive this thread. I've seen so many new GS twins popping up. But not a lot of pics of them . How about it? Post pictures of your GS twin here!

Here is the most recent pic of mine...

Comment

The 250, right after polishing week.

Comment

1980 gs450l

still needs a cleaning haven't got to it yet...

here is a link to my first startup after carb dip and valve adjustment...

start up after carb cleaning... still needs a air filter...

i still need a air filter the p.o. had a piece of foam rubber stuffed in the air box and it couldn't breathe very well... so just for testing i put a rolled up tee shirt in the box... i know that ain't oem but i got to start it... the more i look at it the more i think the bike has fell on the right side sometime in its past... it dont have road rash maybe fell off the stand or got pushed over... the handle bars are bent some on the right and the turn signals are kind of banged up on the same side... and just might explain the acid that has eaten the paint around the battery box and on the exhaust...

Comment

Originally posted by r00ster_c0gburn View Post
                  still needs a cleaning haven't got to it yet...

here is a link to my first startup after carb dip and valve adjustment...

start up after carb cleaning... still needs a air filter...

i still need a air filter the p.o. had a piece of foam rubber stuffed in the air box and it couldn't breathe very well... so just for testing i put a rolled up tee shirt in the box... i know that ain't oem but i got to start it... the more i look at it the more i think the bike has fell on the right side sometime in its past... it dont have road rash maybe fell off the stand or got pushed over... the handle bars are bent some on the right and the turn signals are kind of banged up on the same side... and just might explain the acid that has eaten the paint around the battery box and on the exhaust...

Rooster,

That sounds better to me than the last video. What do you think? Batteries will freeze, so I'm told.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie,
                    yes i think it sounds much better... i am glad some one else thinks so to... maybe the battery did freeze and crack, the po wasn't giving up to much info about it, but said he sold the battery... he said it was popping and cracking and backfiring last time he had it running and wasn't sure why... turned out to be a dead plug on the right side and needing a good cleaning of the carbs, a valve adjustment and i think the piece foam rubber that was in the airbox that wasn't letting it breathe...i couldn't push 80 psi through it with a air hose... so till i get a real filter i have a tee shirt in there working as the filter...he also threw in a set of new tires and a set of used handle bars... the tires are kenda challenger k657 100/90/19 front 120/90/16 rear dont know how good they are but they are new... the handle bars are to big in diameter so i cant use them i think they are 1" bars...

Comment

2 cylinder pictures :P
                      Last edited by Mekanix; 05-10-2012, 11:59 PM.
                      Stephen.
                      1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
                      1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
                      Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
                      GS twin wiki

Comment

Originally posted by r00ster_c0gburn View Post
                        Now that there was my old bike .

Very nice Mekanix! Mountain Dew FTW!

Comment

I thought I would jump in and add mine. Just bought it in February. It's an 81 GS450T, 7K miles. Needs an igniter, but overall in really good shape. I did a few modifications, but nothing too drastic, just wanted to get rid of some of the blingy chrome....

Pics are from my phone-seem to have lost my camera. First one is the day I got it home, second is mocked up with the new tire and fender. Also used the Duplicolor chrome blackout kit for the rear fender and chain guard and painted the pipes-they were pretty pitted, but you can't see it very well in the first pic....

Comment

Nice bike! I agree that there's a bit too much chrome on the T. I wish my fenders and chain guard were body color, maybe someday.
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Nothing special. The day I brought her home:

Already put new bars and mirrors on. Over the winter, I plan on stripping the tank to fix some chips/dents and repainting it and the side covers black.

Comment

Here a pic of my free '82 GS450L before the wreck and new "G" bars. Going to run it without a front fender (since it got a bit bent up in the accident) until I have the funds/time to bob/chop it. Still have to clean the carbs up, rejet, and get someone to make a set of stainless straight pipes

(Click to enlarge)
                                Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X