Show us your workstand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your workstand

How do you support your bike for work? Got a lift, homemade or otherwise? Ramps? Worktable?

Post some pics - let's see how creative this collective really is!

Humble, home made…

I've done quite a lot of bike work on this platform…

Tilts down for loading, but for any bike over 450 lb, you better have a friend help you push it up.
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM. Reason: Hot dogs are ready!
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      I've done quite a lot of bike work on this platform…

Tilts down for loading, but for any bike over 450 lb, you better have a friend help you push it up.
      how do you keep yhe canoes balanced on the mirrors?
      that is a nice lift you made it send us the dimensions

Comment

I use this lift from Complete Hydraulic. Worth every penny if you do a lot of work on bikes.

Thanks,
        Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

That's a beauty Joe! I would sleep on that thing if I had one..

Comment

trusted old paddock stands for me, and a nice warm living room!

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              trusted old paddock stands for me, and a nice warm living room!

I'm gonna jack the hell out of this thread and ask why you went with just one rotor on the front?

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                I'm gonna jack the hell out of this thread and ask why you went with just one rotor on the front?
                less unsprung weight. still good enough for stoppies!
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I make custom stands bicycle trailers and stuff here's what I use for my GS...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Handylift. Purchased from a vo-tec for $200 when they upgraded to
                    Snap-on lifts about 15 years ago

Comment

All i can say is it was cheap !!

Comment

Lift?

I use this and the centerstand for anything on he front end .

I had to mark it with a Sharpee "M/C Lift - DO NOT REMOVE" so one of my boys wouldn't use it or my wife wouldn't toss it

And I use the centerstand alone for anything on the backend. Still hell on the knees though.
                        sigpic
                        1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                        2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

I have this lift, my garage is not as busy or as organized as Joes but as he mentioned a good lift is worth every penny IMHO.

82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                          81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                          83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                          06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                          AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

Agemax that white GS is smokin!!

Comment

Here the one I framed up and built in a day. Folks theorized and the "engineers" here took their pot shots at it but its a solid as any out there and has lifted dozens of bikes without a hick up.

Best use of free lumber I can think of.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X